Weiti Short Handed Series Programme

Fish

Yeah that's right. That was my first time out sailing in ages! I'll let you know. It's really bit thing to have a regular crew on my boat. Can't wait to find out how she goes after the mods. She always felt a little bit sluggish before. I probably should join Weiti again soon also.

I probably should join Weiti again soon also.

I like that especially the 'soon' bit.... as in knot tomorrow :thumbup: Saw that and thought, f*ck a new player and quick one.

I'll see what I can do for you Fish. Looking like she's knot going to be a breaking speed records day though and you have monster headsails... bugger.

Swapped wardrobes this evening, beers chilling, B&E pies cooking, bum cleaned, paintball gun loaded, auto tracking sites tuned to BnG with multiple secondary targets, stereo primed, leaks fixed, Marchs set of undies pulled out early..... ready to rock ;)

Oh f*ck..... a watch!!!

There is zero chance of us showing tomorrow! She's still in the back yead with a big hole in the bow, vacuum pump puring away and ichy black dust all over the show! Although research has shown that the little plants with the white flowers actually like a high in fibre environment! Everything under the tent has died except these little plants. They love it!

Looking like it will be long, slow and shifty...

You talking me or the race?? I reckon I easily fit 2 of the 3 ;)

Aaahhh yes have been quiet watching the weather Gods....Painball gun aye???

If your gunna hit something make it count!

See you all tomorrow..raft up at haystack...coldest brewsky's win! :D

2nm sth of tiri. Wind 0knts decreasing. Sea glass from horizon to horizon. Send change of women and beer. None for BnG, he's going too fast so send him laxitives :)

Holy hell was that one exciting or what..... err hang on , that may have been while I was hallucinating due to heat stroke.

Race abandoned due to zero weather. Hours of glass from horizon to horizon. At one stage I was 19hrs from the 1st mark and it was only 6nm away :? I did manage to cover 5.5nm in 5 hours, knot one of our best runs :lol:

Thank f**k the condensation on the beers was spectacular in it's quantity and goodness.

Oh well, off now to do it all again by the looks.... BUGGER!

Yeah Knot a stellar day for anyone racing. I went our for a putt in the afternoon and the only wind on my face came from motoring through 0 kts of it. Saw the RNI fleet heading towards us with a weeny bit of breeze and wondered if they were bring some with them or if they were sailing into nothing.

great sailing yesterday evening! 3 sail reached by myself from coalmine bay to manly, doing about about 6kts, apparent right on the nose, hangin out on the wire. perfect sailing. dunno what all this 'no wind' rubbish is all about :lol:

Saw the RNI fleet heading towards us with a weeny bit of breeze and wondered if they were bring some with them or if they were sailing into nothing.

I did a fly on the trek home. They were bring it up with them but it faded to what we had about 6ml Nth of Nth Head. There was a sea brezze but it didn't push offshore that much.

Hmmm... load the boat with wet gear, extra reefs and bevvies that are diluted with water seems to be the call for this week.

At least it's knot looking like a drifter :?

Given that I'm a WBC official then the official word is "no limit in mm's per hour". I have a personal limit of 1 mm per day for sailing in the rain! I've just been let off going on the patrol boat for the start and having just taken a look at Metvuw - well lets just say you're gonna get wet! :lol:

I'll sail the race for ya KM, I'll hitch a ride out on the start boat, and swap with you when you get all the way up here and decide that a morning drinking tea out of a thermos and pinching WBC superwines is more appealing than a Ross 1 temperature Jacuzzi ride :wtf:

Oh and I get to read that after I get back :( Yeap, she was a Jacuzzi sort of a day, especially for one boat who didn't realise he only had enough fuel to get into the marina after he'd finished. No worries as he had a loud stereo, plenty of stuff to feck with his head and some fun, maybe a little 2 much with one of them, doing real close fly-bys of a few fishing tinnies on his knot the fastest or driest trek home.

A day of alsorts really starting from starting sails selection choice to the which side do I go at the end really. But a lot of fun and close so it kept this lad on his toes, knees and arse a few times. Weather forecasting 25-30 so the 1st big question being 'If I get the kite up at Tiri will I be able to get it down at Haystack or could we be looking at an unexpected and fast visit thru the Onetangi Pub window?'. Hmmmm.... BnG is going kite and I can't let him have all the fun. Kites up and sat on BnG's 1/4 the whole way with the gap opening and closing a max of 1mt the entire time, knot a 0.000001kt in it.

Oh oh this could be fun. Coming to kite down time and BnG, 50mts from me, is disappearing in the swells, don't they build up down here. OK do and die, no 'or' option. SR and BnG down kites in a sort of synchronised, yet sort of peaceful in it's own weird way as we both knew what was going to happen with 100% certainty, wipe-outs and kite cloth goes frecking everywhere. Down good but now a gybe. Crash, still here and have rig and real close to BnG, it's gonna be a close bash back northward, the game is well and truly on.

WTF!!!! BnG is looking like she's about to have a crack at shifting the Haystack???? WTF!!!! This could very easily end in tears, heaving line, towrope out, prep motor. Faarrrkkk it is possible to get that close and knot hit??

Yeap, apparently so. BnG starts to play nice and lets the dude she allowed aboard to swing her, some how, away from what looked an inescapable splat. Outcome BnG still has keel, Haystack still hasn't got a rig, one pair of undies trashed, 2 dudes know a new short cut ;) but otherwise all good.

Back heading north and it's cracked sheets so no big gains hanging around. Nasty rain squall getting in the beer. Nasty freak out moment again glimpsing a ship pointed east disappearing into the rain, can she see me??? A few uncomfortable moment and all is fine, she is anchored, stop getting paranoid.

Mardis Gras does a real nice slide up the outside of BnG and SR. Opps another one, Clear Circle maybe, knot far behind her either, it's getting tighter in lead bunch and wind angle. Big swing to the West and softens things get tighter. Damn headsail envy time again.

Heading up to the finish and is there something local knowledge I don't know??? Hang left?? hang right?? Cover BnG or cover MG???? Oh crap.

BnG tacks, on bugger they are smoking up better go and cover, MG tacks. And it's all over the line in close precession. Knot far enough behind is Clear Circle who wins well. A close race all over as the next boats are just behind.

Head south, kite back up, wind fades, down kite, oh crap no fuel, up kite, out with more beers. F**k off will ya rain!!

To BnG - had that exact same pullpit thing today on the 1/4er. I see what you mean, a total bitch.

Yeah it was a tough day for me too. Sat at the top of the hill in my warm and dry car and watched the fog where you guys would have been starting. Went shopping and got a bloody good deal - a 1tb external hd for $90. Later I cruised down to Arkles Bay in my warm dry car and to take your finish times. I couldn't really tell who was in the lead between SR, BnG & MG until you all crossed tacks and then saw you come in in-file - SR, MG, BnG. Glad I had my bino's with me as the vis was a bit crap and the buoy was about 250 metres off the beach. The slippery lizard finishes well clear again and then who's next? BnG is coming fast from the Gulf Harbour end of the beach and MG is coming in from behind the sign which has obscured my view - just metres in it I reckon. BnG crossed second around 4 minutes behind the Lizard, and a minute & a half clear of MG who must have had one hell of a knock while he was out of sight behind the boat ramp sign. Clear Circle comes into sight and I sit up and do a few quick calculations - he's clear ahead if he can stay on form for the final sail into the finish line. Come on Gunter - you can do it! It's starting to lighten off a bit - the wind that is. It's still raining, but not inside my car which in case I didn't tell you, is warm and dry. CC keeps up a good pace and finishes around 10 minutes after MG, although he could have finished perhaps 45 seconds earlier as the sailing instructions don't give a direction to cross - so he could have crossed from either side. Not far behind is Nemine - a gorgeous looking NZ37 and I'm guessing he's had a bad day at the office as Mark is usually at the front of the single handed races, but not today. A half hour gap to Spoiler II, a well seasoned round the world T34 and then time for a nap, a read, another nap and Highlander finishes. Good on Spoiler for waiting for him.

I'd already done the calcs and a well deserved with to Clear Circle!

Thanks to all the guys who waited for the boat behind them to finish and good on you KM for trudging all the way up to Weiti for the races. See you all next month, although if it's raining you won't see me!

Archived