Weiti Short Handed Series Programme

Fish

OK guys if you're gonna start talking like that you better take it off line - this is a family website :lol: :lol:

Potential Man Card Violation Warning issued to AA for implying a good 'flash' isn't always a good thing :)

Leak update - Still there, definitely down aft and a good size judging by the fast flow when the transom is loaded with weight. As Team SR aren't all size 0 models getting into the area is proving a tad of an arse. But a plan has been hatched and should see the spot located and fixed Wednesday. Hopefully we'll also be able to suss just why it suddenly happened as we had no warning or even hint that something was amiss.

Just in time to take Mrs SR in the PCC His and Hers this Sunday, in an attempt to humour her just in case she spots a bill from someone for a 930 something she really really wants but she just doesn't know it yet :)

Brilliant report KM. :thumbup: :thumbup: Almost makes ya want to go out and buy a Ross 930.. Well a Ross anyway. :D Great humour guys. That's what it's all about (and winning dammitt!!!). Hope you find your leak KM. Bit of a worry. Wet carpet stinks...

OK guys if you're gonna start talking like that you better take it off line - this is a family website :lol: :lol:

Potential Man Card Violation Warning issued to AA for implying a good 'flash' isn't always a good thing :)

Yeah AA. What's going on?? Give yourself a slap! :D :D Fair call by KM.

Hey I have no objections to a good flash - afterall I was the subject of 3 from the very same Bump Boat once - unfortunately one of them was Mr Bump :sick:

But well - children read this website! :mrgreen:

But well - children read this website! :mrgreen:

JH can look after himself AA. If he can survive a mid pacific abandonment, he can survive/enjoy a flash from Mrs Bump! :lol: Not sure about Mr. Bump though... Great name for a yacht, have to say! :D :D

Hope you find your leak KM.

Whooh, careful there Smithy09, its bad luck to mention leaks on boats :shh: :shh:

But KM, I do hope you find your Welsh Onion before the carpets get too smelly :lol:

Actually whats a pure bred race boat such as a Ross doing with carpets on it?

We have a R930C, the cruising version. 99% of the time we could walk aboard and go away for 3-4 days, often longer, very comfortably without having to change or restock anything. Our 'race mode' usually means we take the dive gear off, 2 squabs out of the lounge, put the lee cloths up and tuck the kites etc in there to stop the tip truck gear vomiting we are prone to. Otherwise she is usually just the same as she is when we sneak away for a week with the full famdamnily, that includes the dedicated wine cellar and carpet.

We are more a roast chook boat with fast intentions than a full racer carrying a roast chook.

Leak update - Still there, definitely down aft and a good size judging by the fast flow when the transom is loaded with weight. As Team SR aren't all size 0 models getting into the area is proving a tad of an arse. But a plan has been hatched and should see the spot located and fixed Wednesday. Hopefully we'll also be able to suss just why it suddenly happened as we had no warning or even hint that something was amiss.

Is there time for a quick competition before you reveal the expert's findings? On second thoughts, you have already covered most of the good options in one of your other posts.

Bad luck but still time to get her up and running again for Christmas - it's ringing round with an issue a couple of days beforehand that does your head in. Hmm, reminds me to look at that suspect battery... :problem:

An easy solution might be to put D1 on helm and KM on the rail.

I got the impression from some of the posts above that the boat went faster when he was downstairs bailing. While he was down there he could have rustled up a couple of beers and changed the music too. :wink:

:lol: Cheeky pricks. D1 does the roast chook, music (repeat-it-every-30min. FM) and is the beer grabber. I just sit and consume. While bailing the autodriver was in total control so that probable explains the speed increase :)

Will be all fine for Sundays race..... or we'll be baling around that track as well.

Xmas Cruz is on 60ft of steel this year. Be a short one though as we have some things happening at home, like 185 sq mts of concrete going down 2 days before Xmas :?

If you like your fingers attached to your hands, please touch only the boat and then only if it's a life and death situation. Touch anything else at your own risk. Thank you for your attention everyone.

Leak has been found and it's a pretty good size, we are talking a good flow when the bits are all in their worse spots at the same time. Cracked under the engine mounts so when motoring the hole is large, 250mm x 6-7mm odd worst case, pouring in straight under the cockpit into the boat. When sailing not so much but still nasty. I think it's lucky we were reaching as the well is quite empty when doing that. On the way home the venturi was at full speed so well was empty most of the time. Which also explains why dryish at Devo wharf yet a huge pile 1km later when back in the berth, we motored 1/2 that distance. Handy the hole is 75mm above waterline when parked. Oh well, found now and repairs are happening nicely. It won't happen again by the time I've finished.

I can also tell you a 9.9hp Yammy taken out of the stern makes big changes to the waterline. Where's that 2hp?? :)

Hope you find your leak KM.

Whooh, careful there Smithy09, its bad luck to mention leaks on boats :shh: :shh:

But KM, I do hope you find your Welsh Onion before the carpets get too smelly :lol:

He started it!!

Leak update - Still there, definitely down aft and a good size judging by the fast flow when the transom is loaded with weight.
:D :D
If you like your fingers attached to your hands, please touch only the boat and then only if it's a life and death situation. Touch anything else at your own risk. Thank you for your attention everyone.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apparently I'm supposed to lead the fleet around it this weekend :twisted: :twisted: :wink:

Hay KM, be a gentleman and draw some sort of nice picture on your transome for us to look at, not commenting on the paint job, just something to highlight the fine lines of the Ross boat, perhaps some concentric circles, or cross hairs, you know, something resembling a target for us to aim at :evil: :evil: :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I tell you what, I can't wait to get back up to Weiti with the maingy ol' Wild Thing.... Although this time with less mainge and more wild....

Coming up 4 years since the Young got wet.

Archived