Weiti Short Handed Series Programme

Fish

Squid - having seen some dubious photo evidence of some of your past showings..... getting you home to Mrs Squid before dark will be my main priority for the day.

Thanks AA - I don't need much water when in 'stealth river' mode and there is no way I would allow myself to be sandwiched between KM and a pontoon for the night so thats just not an option. imagine waking up nuzzling his rubbing strip :shock: ooooooooooooookkkk !!!

AA - I'll bring a few expired parachute flares for the Fri night leer-up :) Don't worry about your bushy surrounds we can aim them over GH marina.

Doing the entry form now.... EE

He'ssss backkkkkk.

Mr Bump brave enough (can be read as 'has he beefed up his boat to 'JH Proof') and have enough Mai Tai mix aboard to get you out this Saturday? :lol:

He'ssss backkkkkk.

Mr Bump brave enough (can be read as 'has he beefed up his boat to 'JH Proof') and have enough Mai Tai mix aboard to get you out this Saturday? :lol:

Hmmm unfortuantly for JH I had banked on him not being here, so had him relaced for this one...so he is looking for a ride. Couldnt undo this one!...but im sure he will be back on the water "in the loop" very soon.....

EE just asked me to join him :D :D :D :D :D

Oh my gawd, please remember it's knot the His and Hers Mr Squidly...... I've seen the photos and they weren't that pleasant :lol: :lol:

I wonder if this years his and hers will feature that bloody sly come out of nowhere Team Mr & Mrs Bump or do Mr Bump and JH have to fight it out to see who pulls on the mini skirt :lol: :lol:

That one we will have to wait and see. Last year I took Mrs Bump, got becalmed off Rangi - and made the comment "imagine what we would be doing if we had an overlapper!"...and she then told me to go and buy one! Now Im sure you would all agree - if that window opens up and we blokes are allowed access into the "sock draw" for those extra funds - you grad them! Thats how we got the new overlapper!

So - what can JH bring to the table?? Im quite keen for a racing main now..... :thumbup:

If you'd gone for a carbon stick you would have the excuse of "This main doesn't fit the new mast..."

I think the miniskirt would go well with the Ugg Boots and the mullet can be easily tied up into a pony tail. :D

No I would rather be sailing but I also have a job to do.....

JH - over my dead body - lets see the multiple choices.....

A. Broken Rig

B. Broken Rig

C. Broken Rudder

D. Energy abandoned somewhere off Tiri

E. Photos of a cross dressed Squid ordering you around in ugg boots all over the internet on my boat.

Sorry Squidly. :(

EE

A. Broken Rig

B. Broken Rig

C. Broken Rudder

E. Photos of a cross dressed Squid ordering you around in ugg boots all over the internet on my boat.

EE

F. A very pissed, Thanks to EE's booze locker, S and JH trying to wave jump EE over the Weiti bar at low tide.

and worst of all

G. A naked JH and S lounging on the decks with an equally naked female Swedish Beach Volleyball team.

Actually no, there is worse -

H. KM and AA on the EE as it crosses the line just ahead of Kant Know, but then they were very quickly disqualified as after they pushed S and JH over the side, they picked up the Volleyball team anyway. Look close in the back left of the photo and yes that is Fish rowing like a mad man in our direction. Damn, that pram dingy must be doing close to 15 knots. Just behind his right shoulder is Mr Bump......standing along side Mrs Bump... bugger! That furry pile on the grass next to the Bumps is knot their cute dog, in fact it's JH, when he saw us sail past his eyes bulged big, there was a raspy sort of inhalation noise and he just fell over :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh well, sad you can't make it but it does answer one question I've been pondering, 'Will I cross the line before EE or knot?'. Looks like I now don't have to worry about that for a wee while longer.

A. Broken Rig

B. Broken Rig

C. Broken Rudder

EE

Actually you guys have forgotten that inserted between C & D is Busted the brand new liferaft. :lol:

Don't take it seriously JH you're welcome to go sailing any time you like - just not on my boat! :lol: :lol:

NEWS FLASH! KNOT ME STARTED ON TIME IN YESTERDAYS SHORT HANDED RACE!!!

The world will never be the same again... :lol:

Well, knot quite missed by 3-4 seconds we reckon but by our, especially my standard, it was as close as you'll probably ever see :lol: :lol:

The biggie is can that be replicated? We'll know approx 10am Dec 4th I believe.

A fun day afloat, after the shock of actually being close enough to hear a start gun. Managed to just hold onto the tight kite to get to Navy a few lengths behind Bump and along side a hard charging Nemine. Did a flat run slide thru the passage to sneak in front of those 2 genny flying beasts as we turned for Saddle. Going well to Saddle until consulted the chart, changed course and was still doing all right to the 2nd Saddle Island we aimed at for the day, we named the 1st Saddle Is to Motuora Island and found the chart agreed with that.. Opps :? Fell into a soft spot and the fleet pulled some back on us. Rounded Saddle and 2 sailed to Motuora. Bump and Nemine having some fun together just behind us with the rest knot that far back from them.

Into the bash back to Tiri Pass and couldn't do a thing against Nemine as she put her nose down and was off like a 40ft fizz nastie. Man she looked good and happier than a pig in pooh. Very much a case of 'piss off little Ross boat, these are my conditions so get outta the bloody way', we tried knot too but fast succumbed to the quickly evident inevitable :)

We tracked right with Bump (hunting for the flatter water like us maybe??) and held the gap on them to Tiri. The rest went left. On closing at Navy the fleet came together again to show Mr's Whiting, Farr, Birdsall and Davidson tweaked their designs a bit better for big breeze on the nose with good sized lumps. At that stage we were pleasantly surprised to still be in the game as much as we were. Nemine ahead a wee ways and untouchable but it got suddenly very busy in the fight for the next few spots. SR rounds 2nd with a few bows very close astern. Some bugger roaring up behind us at speed but luckily for us we just managed to ease sheets a smidgen enough to stop the rot and hold the now very small gap with Mardi Gras, I believe. Mind you they were having to very fast go defensive to hold off a rocketing Charlton who turned on the after burners at Navy. Suspicions have us thinking Bump is taking a bit of a pounding rounding the peninsular as it was bloody awful when talking wind/wave action and/or fighting it out with the bigger Davidson.

Bang and the gun to Nemine. Few minutes back to SR, a minute or so later Mardi Gras, a couple of seconds later Charlaton. We heavily suspect if the finishline was a few 100mts further the results would have been a lot different. End result for SR being 2nd on line and the handicapper hates us :lol: :lol: :lol:

But a race of 2 halve's. The lightweights took the 1st downhill half but the heavies staid close enough to take it all back in the second 1/2 beat home. Having finish time gaps of only seconds after 5 plus hours of racing, in quite wildly varying weather, is what makes it fun. I do love that course, its a goodie. Did miss Fish putting on the Cabaret they did last years but suspect they probably didn't ;)

We played with a very different set of sail settings/ boat trim on the beat back from Motuora and are of the thought they felt pretty good. Now waiting for the Data Lord to work his magic to see if he thinks the same. Did a tweak again just after the finish for the beat back to the ditch and again were pretty damn happy at seeing numbers we don't usually. So all in all Team SR left the tropical waters of WBC in a very happy place. Now working out just how we can make those, or at least one, significant sized setting changes without basically having to stop. KM going creative... stand well clear.

Then walked in the door at home to find....... JH and D1 facebooking each other :? Should I be concerned D1 now wants to be the 'her' in the next His and Hers? Should I be more concerned to see JH in a mini skirt? If so, who'll be the best looking WBC slapper, JH or Squid? :lol: :lol:

and the handicapper hates us

Well, I put the race through the super secret advanced "How screwed over by the handicapper calculator was I?" to assess the veracity of this claim

After hours of vigrously intensive, A.I. augmented analysis, the answer was ...

piss all, HTFU

From the start boat perspective I got very confused as seeing SR mixing it up at the start was just weird! I'd have been a lot more comfortable if it had turned up late as usual but no my eyes weren't deceiving me or Squids for that matter. I needed him on board to confirm that KM actually was on time. The Bump got a good start and the Reptile was on his starboard quarter. Those two started heading for Rangitoto while the rest of the fleet headed for the channel. Basically a good start with the last boat crossing the line a mere 30 seconds after the "gun". (The gun is really a hooter as we don't have a gun anymore)

I was on the beach at Arkles in time to see Nemine cruising around under main only having already finished some minutes before. I watched SR finish and then saw Mardi Gras manage to hold off a fast charging Charlatan. Now Mardi Gras needs to be commended as I suspect it was single handed. Charlatan can be happy as they finished without embedding a downwind sail in the forestay this year. The Bump was quite a way back so so I didn't watch the finish as I had more pressing matters at hand - like a dash to the local dairy for a chocolate fix!

Well done to Highlander who clearly had a very good day out there and a well deserved win!

and the handicapper hates us

Well, I put the race through the super secret advanced "How screwed over by the handicapper calculator was I?" to assess the veracity of this claim

After hours of vigrously intensive, A.I. augmented analysis, the answer was ...

We are well aware that due to a good last series we need to up our game this series. No problem there and far from unexpected as we know it's a system that works as a H/c system should :wink:

Bum, knot quite 98% on Racetrack, I was hoping to see a big one way or another i.e. glamour or shitter. Thinking it wasn't a legend downhill run by any stretch and the fleet closed up a lot when we hit that soft spot so that could easily have a baring on the overall RT number. So the different settings on the bash home are still in the 'we'll see' zone. It sure felt better than usual so the liferaft, kayak and dive gear are staying where they are for the moment. A stripped out racer we sure weren't :)

And yes - you were right...we headed to the RHS to find flatter water, but struggled all day to find our straps uphill. Was'nt quite the right conditions for the flat arse Ross - at times we were starting to chomp back into the game - or mabe that was wishfull thinking!! Certainly the short step chop off Tiri slowed us quite a bit - and it was then I was thinking 35 feet and 10 tonne would be quite good!

Yeah tell us about it, our 2 beasties aren't the biggest fans of that sort of windward stuff for sure. Watching Nemine just sitting there happily flying along while we sat there, often hanging on tight, with the gentle BASH BANG SLAM ringing in our years. While she might knot be a state of the art glamour racer, it's bloody hard knot to love the site of a good looking boat sailing powered up in her happy spot.

We were a bit surprised at just how ugly the water was around the end of the peninsular. Bit of backwash action steepening things up maybe. Also only having a 'rough idea' how far the reef's stick out didn't help but apart from one freaky depth sounder reading moment we missed them.

As we left the jetty the Highland team said they were just old school cruisers out for a gentle sail. Over 109% on Ractrack.... knot too shabby indeed, well done. :thumbup:

Archived