Solo Trans Tasman

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I could afford it. I chose not to.   I might humbly suggest that it is attitudes like that that are producing our ever diminishing fleet sizes.

NP to Mooloolaba 1290nm NP to Southport. 1230   AKL to Southport 1275   SSANZ would consider running a AKL to SP race in conjunction with NP Sailing club if they wanted assistance Maybe a two h

The cost of going at all is not much different to sailing in the event, IMO. Boat should be up to the same standard anyway, and unless, like BP, you have to get a stability cert done etc, not a lot of

So the previous records and history are just that : history?

I've been wondering about this element.

There has certainly been some agitation in the past about moving the start from New Plymouth. On the face of it primarily for berthing space and logistics for entrants pre-start. I believe Nelson was having a good look at it, the impression I got was from a Council driven tourism / profile exposure kind of thing.

A lot of the resistance to moving it was the history and records etc from New Plymouth to Mooloolaba (and probably the hard work put in back in the day by the original organisers against the establishment just to let the race go ahead, what with all these dirty single handers who couldn't even keep a proper lookout, etc...)

NP to Mooloolaba 1290nm

NP to Southport. 1230

AKL to Southport 1275

SSANZ would consider running a AKL to SP race in conjunction with NP Sailing club if they wanted assistance

Maybe a two handed division starting a day or so later?

Plus I may even be tempted to come out of retirement for that one.