Cat in heavy weather

Looked like a dream run to me, 50 knots is easy if you are running with it and don't have to much rag up. Yes the bows were pressed a bit wounder how deep reefed the were. They could have gone bare poles if the wind kept increasing. But as those cats are usually fully battened mains might not have been easy to get down.

The waves were fairly small suggesting they were reasonably close to land .

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting. I thought they did not really seem to be aware that they were pushing the boat pretty hard. The bows were pressed down fairly deep, on several occasions and all they needed for a disaster

Needed another 5 mins in the oven I thought - looked a bit undercooked on the top.

Looked like a dream run to me, 50 knots is easy if you are running with it and don't have to much rag up. Yes the bows were pressed a bit wounder how deep reefed the were. They could have gone bare po

Posted Images

The issue as I see it is how many actually realise where the edge is for them and their boat. As I said, it goes from all good to all bad virtually instantly in these conditions.

IMO the first boat is near that edge, the 2nd video is being well managed.