Covid 19 and liveaboards

1 hour ago, Black Panther said:

Pretty much all liveaboards around us now. All the day trippers gone home.

Probably combination of changing weather, dwindling provisions and boredom rather than a feeling of doing the right thing. They’ll probably be home tonight, do the laundry and then drive 200km to the beach house tomorrow.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've had contact with the water police. Issues at barrier include raft ups and parties,  as well as expecting the local store to be available for them. It's not, and has much more limited provisions a

police state, seriously its jobs for the boys..... if youve been on a boat a week or more you have more risk from landlubbers. Love it how all these little hitlers have suddenly appeared in the new sm

There are at least 6 posters in this thread that come across VERY much like they will not be happy until those who displease them are made to sew yellow stars on their wet jacket. It is very sad

Posted Images

Anyway, speaking to a mate who was at Barrier, apparently there were only a few boats around the back they didnt see the cops until going west, didnt go into Fitzroy at all. Was saying that as soon as the coast was clear the locals were out fishing hmmm.  As I have previously mentioned, policing the gulf is totally low priority, apparently there was talk of helicopters counting boats in bays etc. Unnecessary overreach and a waste of precious resources. That said yachties who went for it should be responsible and practice physical distancing etc, partying on the beaches- well thats just rude and rubs everyone up the wrong way. A few mates in the cops have told me what their priorities are...

Also as yachties we should be self reliant, with a plan A,B  and C in case. Was chatting to an old mate who said in 60 years of cruising the gulf hes never called for help and hes itching to go sailing.  But also I think that yachties who head out now are not acting in solidarity with us and quite rightly earn the negativity of the public, and as much as I want to go and enjoy the beautiful weather out there I'm digging it in with the rest of us :) 

Agreed, we are back, and we'll be staying here.

Came back because of two things - Jo has an appointment at the hospital that they said would not go ahead, but they now say it will, and I have arranged a Maritime NZ Oral exam to be done via Skype early next week, and I wanted good internet...

So now stuck at home like the rest of you.

While we were out, we really did not see anyone breaching the rules, other than perhaps a bit more boat movement than was necessary. Way more people on land out in their cars without good reason it seems....

On Friday the city cops they had in the country turned back a vet. He'd driven 40 mins, was 4km from the farm but the cops demanded he went home or be fined. The cow and calf died. Looks like both sides have their fair share of brainless muppets.

20 minutes ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

On Friday the city cops they had in the country turned back a vet. He'd driven 40 mins, was 4km from the farm but the cops demanded he went home or be fined. The cow and calf died. Looks like both sides have their fair share of brainless muppets.

I'm curious how you define  sides here.

19 minutes ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

Yet they allowed a lady to drive to Tauranga,as she was in her bubble gong to see her boyfriend who was in his bubble,surely when the 2 meet the bubble is broken??Meanwhile S.Bridges can drive Tauranga To wellington as head of a select committee with Winstones blessing.wrong thread I know,sorry.Just to re a firm the nuttiness going on as in KMs case.

55 minutes ago, Knot Me... maybe said:

Was the vet towing his boat loaded up with kayaks, sups, bikes etc.

I find it impossible to believe a vet was turned back otherwise.