Jump to content

Justifiable homicide?


Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Sabre said:

You escalated that quickly!!!

Facepalm! No, I didn't escalate it. The OT did. Did you not read the thread title? The 'Justifiable Homicide' bit?

Incase you are not aware, homicide means killing someone.

The question I posed, is what are you actually going to do? Are you actually going to go and kill someone. Having your morning coffee disturbed is not justification for homicide.

And is there a real safety issue? There is only a safety issue if there are people in the water. There wasn't... So all we are talking about is breaching a bylaw.

How many of you guys breach bylaws all the time? LJ's in dinghy is a bylaw...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fish said:

Facepalm! No, I didn't escalate it. The OT did. Did you not read the thread title? The 'Justifiable Homicide' bit?

Incase you are not aware, homicide means killing someone.

If you took the title of this thread litterally then maybe you have had a little too much internet?

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fish said:

And is there a real safety issue? There is only a safety issue if there are people in the water. There wasn't... So all we are talking about is breaching a bylaw.

I know if it were me on that jetski I wouldnt be 100% confident that I would pick up on a small head or someone surfacing while snorkeling hence why there are rules around speeds close to shore and other boats.

There is plenty of water about for everyone so no need to be fanging it metres away from other boats.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Sabre said:

If you took the title of this thread litterally then maybe you have had a little too much internet?

Maybe so. But language can be a funny thing. I often read what is written... 

There was a time when what was said was what was meant. I understand in these modern times of social media etc, that what is said often means something else. And what it means is up for personal interpretation, like black is white and what not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Mr Sabre and Mr Fish,

Please excuse my presumption you are blokes, while I'm pretty sure you are we do live in the days of delicates and loveys who are offended if they aren't offended. So feel free to be offended for having your gender questioned if you feel the desire to do so.

May I remind you both, plus a few others and I include the Mods, that it wasn't that long ago someone else made a passing comment that to most intelligent people or those not too lazy they couldn't be arsed spending 5 seconds considering the comment in it's context before kicking off with your righteous and totally misguided indignation.

But I must give credit to Mr Fish, he is quite consistent and far more so than most, in being offended for what mostly appears to be for the sake of it. Mind you Mr Sabre, you've also had you moments.

To everyone else who piled on last time a comment like the one in question came up here, what a bunch of hypocrites who have just proven your moral outrage was f*ck all to do with the comment and all to do with who made it, as is becoming far to frequent on Crew. Get your sh*t together as your highly selective whining, bitching and moaning only makes you look like muppets.

And to answer the OP, in the days of sanity I'd think there would be the odd, very odd, occasion where yes it maybe justified but that's not really one of them, I'd suggest a beer can, emptied then refilled with water, to the side of the riders head should be enough to get the point across he's indeed an A Grade fuckwit. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, KM... said:

Dear Mr Sabre and Mr Fish,

Please excuse my presumption you are blokes, while I'm pretty sure you are we do live in the days of delicates and loveys who are offended if they aren't offended. So feel free to be offended for having your gender questioned if you feel the desire to do so.

May I remind you both, plus a few others and I include the Mods, that it wasn't that long ago someone else made a passing comment that to most intelligent people or those not too lazy they couldn't be arsed spending 5 seconds considering the comment in it's context before kicking off with your righteous and totally misguided indignation.

But I must give credit to Mr Fish, he is quite consistent and far more so than most, in being offended for what mostly appears to be for the sake of it. Mind you Mr Sabre, you've also had you moments.

To everyone else who piled on last time a comment like the one in question came up here, what a bunch of hypocrites who have just proven your moral outrage was f*ck all to do with the comment and all to do with who made it, as is becoming far to frequent on Crew. Get your sh*t together as your highly selective whining, bitching and moaning only makes you look like muppets.

And to answer the OP, in the days of sanity I'd think there would be the odd, very odd, occasion where yes it maybe justified but that's not really one of them, I'd suggest a beer can, emptied then refilled with water, to the side of the riders head should be enough to get the point across he's indeed an A Grade fuckwit. 

Geez you have really out done yourself with that stunningly spectacular bit of KMism waffle! Well done you 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

KM got a ban for making reference to someone staring in a snuff movie. I actually think he has a legit point. The hypocrisy is deep in this one. Here this thread us asking for support to kill someone, cause they disturbed someones morning coffee. What is the difference?

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 knots 50M thats all there is to it, I have witnessed  an oar been thrown at a similar jetski (it connected) much to the amusement of all observers, this was many years ago and of course the matter ended there.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess the obvious thing to have done was catch his/her attention and explain the rules.Just incase he/she didnt know.

Currently any person in NZ can buy size vessel without any knowledge of seamanship or knowledge of rules.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I chimed in because I’ve got history with these sorts of dickheads.

Many years ago it was a hot summers day about mid January, Saturday if I remember, and I wanted to go to the marina and replace the spreader covers on the yacht we had at the time, kids wanted to go to the beach.

So we compromise and sailed from PH to Waiheke, found a nice little bay, we were the only ones in the bay, kids had a swim and the admiral hoisted me up the rig, I was replacing the upper spreader ones when this jetskier launches off the beach and decides we need a demo on his skills, using us as one of his rounding marks.

The Admiral called him over nicely and tried to politely explain the situation and the 5kt rule. His response was that he had a very expensive holiday home in the bay so it was his bay and he could do whatever he wanted.

So the said admiral started taking photos of him and said she was going to inform the harbour master, it must have been a while ago as it was before registration numbers where required, (I still carry the heat seeking missiles just in case however)

But I’m trying to let it go, really I am !!!

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jon said:

I chimed in because I’ve got history with these sorts of dickheads.

Many years ago it was a hot summers day about mid January, Saturday if I remember, and I wanted to go to the marina and replace the spreader covers on the yacht we had at the time, kids wanted to go to the beach.

So we compromise and sailed from PH to Waiheke, found a nice little bay, we were the only ones in the bay, kids had a swim and the admiral hoisted me up the rig, I was replacing the upper spreader ones when this jetskier launches off the beach and decides we need a demo on his skills, using us as one of his rounding marks.

The Admiral called him over nicely and tried to politely explain the situation and the 5kt rule. His response was that he had a very expensive holiday home in the bay so it was his bay and he could do whatever he wanted.

So the said admiral started taking photos of him and said she was going to inform the harbour master, it must have been a while ago as it was before registration numbers where required, (I still carry the heat seeking missiles just in case however)

But I’m trying to let it go, really I am !!!

I have been sharpening my pitch fork reading this thread :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey bigal. Nice piece of writing. Do you have a blog? I want to see what happened next. You've reminded me of the time my young bro hauled me up to the spreaders, got an override on the winch and couldn't get me down. LOL. No jetskier in sight luckily.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Many years back a jetski went thru the side of a moored Towson 32 at Little bucks, made a very large hole, as I recall the rider was not badly injured. The actual owner then scarpered with jet ski in tow before the feds arrived.

If you think we have problems in Florida they take them on the freeway !

 

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2018/09/19/heres-a-florida-man-driving-a-street-legal-jet-ski-on-the-highway

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...