DIY hardstands in Auckland

What are the options around Auckland for DIY/budget-friendly hardstands at the moment? I am aware of the Panmure yacht club, is there anything similar elsewhere? I’m prepared to join a club to access facilities if it makes sense financially. I expect to be out of the water for a 2-3 weeks.

Thanks

Very few around now because unless the facility has a waste catching/managing system, you cannot clean your hull. And as most want to clean the Hull for new Antifouling, you tend to need that catching facility. Thus we all forced to use a commercial yard.

Devonport yacht club (winter only).

Northcote Point. 

Little Shoal Bay (better for multis and shallow draft).

Milford Yacht Club.

15 hours ago, Lifejacketfits said:

I’m prepared to join a club to access facilities if it makes sense financially.

Be aware some of the places being mention here have stand down periods so if you think you can join the club just to use their haulage facilities a week later you maybe disappointed. They are aware they are being used just for what your wanting to do and aren't that keen on being used as a handy convenience.

true but some clubs are also happy to have new blood and fees if the facilities are underused. Milford used to be like that, very working class, but relatively recently its been used by people with pretty expensive boats who really can afford the bigger professional yards but just want a cheap option ( I guess thats why they have those kind of boats) so the club is getting picky as demand is increasing. 

Panmure.  Good facility, bar handy, great bakery up the road that does proper pies and donuts, burnsco around the corner, banter from the hardstand supervisor.

Everything you need from a hardstand.

• Like 1

Devonport Yacht Club works well. It's true that you have to have been a member for 6 months prior, but if there is space on the hard after the members have requested haulage, I think they may well welcome new members. Two slips, and possible hire of cradle if there are spares.

I think the contact numbers are on the web. dyc.org.nz

On 17/04/2021 at 11:43 AM, Tamure said:

Milford used to be like that, very working class, but relatively recently its been used by people with pretty expensive boats who really can afford the bigger professional yards but just want a cheap option.

To use the Milford yard you have to be a member and there is a stand down. The big fancy in there belongs to a member.