I would appreciate your views

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lionmark is a White 32 - I'm biased of course but I do think they are a good boat - that does seems a nicely setup example. Buy it and go racing so I have someone to chase!

The price on trade me does put it into the 1020 sort of price bracket - They are similar lengths but the 1020 is quite a bit bigger all round for cruising and has all the advantages of class racing, resales value etc so I would expect the White to cost less. Going the other way the White 32 is 10 years newer than the newest 1020 (I think). Depends how you view things - they are all old boats now so it depends how they have been maintained. As much as I like to see a sistership sell for a high price I'd say the price on the White is too high at 85K.

From a racing perspective the White is competitive with the 1020's and should be quite a bit quicker than the Lotus 9.2 - though on racetrack the "Kirsten J" seems to be something of a rocket amongst the 9.2 fleet...

I would say if you like the White 32 go for it

Yes you may be able to buy a 1020 for that money but it will have been raced hard and well overdue for a refit (read big $$$ )

85k is the asking price so offer 70k and you may get it for 75k

it appears to not need alot spent on it and its always cheaper to buy a good one than a roughy thats in need of $$$$$$$$$ "IMHO"

it appears to not need alot spent on it and its always cheaper to buy a good one than a roughy thats in need of $$$$$$$$$ "IMHO"

I have a mate who would agree with that 100% if knot more. As he does spend a lot of time in K Rd and Fort St he should know.