This Weekend's Achievements

We just done our firs night on Topaz. Wasn't a pleasent night in Pigeon Bay on Saturday with the 30-35 knts N-NW wind after midnight, but I finally I tested the new anchor, the re-positioned anchor winch, the newly added remote for it in the real world. Everything passed (including myself). Nice sailing back to Lyttelton on Sunday (as nice the NW could be to sail up on the coast). 

Topaz in a NW.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not this weekend but over the last month i have been doing something new. I had a delivery planned Tahiti to Auckland but it failed to materialize. Angela had gone to visit her mum in Florida so

Got 10 boats towed back into the environment before 10:30 this morning, waited until tide came in, floated off the cradle and went to the mooring only to find it had become an ecosystem all of its own

Posted Images

Went outside everything. White water every where. I wasnt going through any skinny gaps.

Got to watch Walker rock, OUTSIDE THE LIGHT! Sometimes hard to spot.

The gap inside is fine for a cruising yacht paying attention, just not for a ship! Fair call to go outside though. Tide rip can be a bit nasty if wind against tide, and patently unsafe in an open boat.

Pleased to hear your having a great time!