This Weekend's Achievements

Did the same in Man o war bay,there is a live cable running out too pakatoa and also a dissued cable further north in the bay,towards church bay,we picked up the dissued one and secured a rope round front of plough and it slide off,Boat next door got it the night before,Oh well at least we wouldnt of dragged

• Haha 1

Ha Priscilla I bought some Navy whaler oars at the Torpedo bay auction and for the last 25 years they have had another life as a Nutshell pram lug rig set of spars . (quite good Oregon) 

Assembled and launched boat today.

Long, sunny day. Relaxing after much needed shower now.

Rigging some other day. Monday hopefully.

/Martin

• Like 1

Today I replaced the manky mooring lines.  Went mental and used 16mm.  Thimbles one end, eye splice the other.  Very chi-chi.

Now I smell like duck sh*t and I have cramp in my fingers.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, aardvarkash10 said:

smell like duck sh*t

Swap your duck for fish, disassembled 8 rods n reels,1st proper clean in 3 months ,thought boat cabin was clean but nope surprising what 1 finds when 1 starts digging.

• Like 1

That Genie partially under boat looks broke. Hard to tell, but did you duck for them or bear right away? Fantastic shot!

Spot of sanding and varnishishshshing (Sorry paint fumes from working in the tent made me sthlurr my typing)

Converted the main to loose footed and filled in the old sail track recess with a new strip of oregon. 

And installed the recovered upholstry Red wine, tomato products, beetroot, green, red and yellow curries are now banned substances on board. 

20240730_110852.jpg

20240803_173254.jpg

20240808_122702.jpg

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, aardvarkash10 said:

We have white upholstery in the Volvo.

It's from hell.

😬... special coatings and scotch guard etc, but yup I am worried... however the admiral wanted slightly off white.

• Like 1