This Weekend's Achievements

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not this weekend but over the last month i have been doing something new. I had a delivery planned Tahiti to Auckland but it failed to materialize. Angela had gone to visit her mum in Florida so

Got 10 boats towed back into the environment before 10:30 this morning, waited until tide came in, floated off the cradle and went to the mooring only to find it had become an ecosystem all of its own

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Fish said:

In NZ?

Would be nice, but alas, no :( - openings in my field are slim to none in NZ even in a good year.

On 28/09/2020 at 6:35 PM, Frank said:

No mean feat in a Covid economy.

Yeah, one area that's still doing ok is Pharmaceuticals and associated Covid research. Many investors looking for quick gains there.

this weekend - Wairoa (Clevedon) River to Rotoroa Home Bay on Friday, pleasant day strolling around the island (water's still a bit cool for me for swimming) pre-evening drinks watching the sun go down and the moon come up in the company of about 12 other boats of various types.

Saturday Rotoroa to Rakino - I've lived in Auckland since 1989 and never been to either.  Slow going motoring against the tide up the Waiheke Channel but finally picked up some wind off Onetangi and circumnavigated Rakino before deciding that Home Bay must be good since they named it twice and everything else was like apartment living - Woody Bay was jam packed.  Wandered the ridgeline road and side roads marvelling at the state of island cars and the wide range of accomodation.  More pre-evening imbibing, another clear night with a bit less company.

Up at sparrow fart and off back to Clevedon as we are still not confident on the river approach at anything other than half-tide.  A nice sail from Rakino to Papakohatu where the wind died and the iron sail had to take over again.

Whle out we fitted tested and commissioned a new depth gauge, enhanced the stereo with a second amp and speakers in the saloon, installed skin fittings for the manual and electric bilge pumps and tried out a few bits of sailing and nav freeware.

First sunburn of the season.  Feels great.