#1 twisty

twisty

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:42 PM

Hi

You might like to be aware that there is a thief around on the piles. My boat was broken into and the GPS and Autohelm was stolen within the last few days.

Be wary ! Was very kind of the b#$#@^& to leave a set of sailing gloves.

#2 harrytom

harrytom

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:55 PM

Bugger,which piles though??

The boss said "see you in the morning"didnt know he liked sailing

#3 twisty

twisty

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 04:29 PM

right on the end by the floating dock in westhaven

#4 Maté

Maté

Sailor

• Marine Forums Only
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 06:38 AM

Twisty, check with the marina office, they have cams everywhere

#5 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,828 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 07:08 AM

When my dinghy was stolen at gisborne marina I was told " yep we can see it on the video, they jumped the fence and stole your dinghy".
Never been that impressed with CCTV since.
  Two figures sat side by side, staring at the Sea. One said to the other, “You know that one day we will die.” And the other friend replied, “But all of the other days WE WILL LIVE!”

#6 twisty

twisty

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 03:35 PM

I went to the marina office yesterday. They were very good. They said they could only release camera footage to the police, which they were happy to do. I went to the police to file a report. They couldn't be less interested. The lady behind the counter said they would take the details but would not be doing anything about it. She then put on her best patronising tone and said I should check the boat more often and take the electronics home. I can't say they impressed me much. Unfortunately my excess is reasonably high to keep the premium a bit less nasty, so no point claiming. First time in 35 years that I've had a boat burgled, not a great feeling.

#7 John B

John B

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts
  • LocationAkl

Posted 26 November 2019 - 07:02 PM

Ah well, we must keep those thieves identities private, less they get upset.

#8 Sparky

Sparky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 07:55 PM

So the possible video footage of the offender/s is locked away and nothing done.  As a former Detective in the NZ Police, I find the police response to the complaint as described by twisty as disgusting and is deserving of a letter to their local MP.  

You deserve better !!!!!!!!

#9 Island Time

Island Time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 7,082 posts
  • LocationHome from Cruising, Now Gulf Harbour

Posted 26 November 2019 - 07:57 PM

I went to the marina office yesterday. They were very good. They said they could only release camera footage to the police, which they were happy to do. I went to the police to file a report. They couldn't be less interested. The lady behind the counter said they would take the details but would not be doing anything about it. She then put on her best patronising tone and said I should check the boat more often and take the electronics home. I can't say they impressed me much. Unfortunately my excess is reasonably high to keep the premium a bit less nasty, so no point claiming. First time in 35 years that I've had a boat burgled, not a great feeling.

Twisty, where did you report this to the police please?

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

#10 twisty

twisty

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 08:02 PM

The new buiding on College Hill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users