Christmas cruise plans?

Fogg

Not sure if this has already been asked elsewhere but just curious what peeps are planning over the xmas/new year period and who I might see out there.

I'm limited to a 2 week return visit to NZ, hopefully on the water for a good part of that from around 24-25 Dec through to 2 Jan is my guess. No plans to clock up huge miles this year, more quality than quantity of sailing so AC is likely to be found mostly in the GH/Kawau/Barrier region. Assuming all systems are 'go' when I step aboard (fingers crossed).

Yep if the weather is ok it's a fast blat up the SI West Coast Wheels. If it's not then I'm not sure - probably go for it anyhow and leave the kids behind rather than take them. I've done the West Coast before and had a dream run so hoping it will be the same this time.

should be out in the gulf with some time on the east coast of great barrier from Jan 6 for 3 weeks, have just got another cat so will be sorting things out along the way, getting some basic systems operating [ lights,fridge,cooker, fixing leaks etc etc] If you notice a white open deck cat with a pod and hulls that are the same top and bottom and front and back , i think they used a similiar mold to sundreamer , its probably us. May even get down to Whitianga , depends on where the wind takes us. :thumbup:

F11 heading possibly barrier boxing day for a day or 2. then the bay...boat there for a month but im back at work on the 10th after reaking havoc at the tall ships. steer clear.

armed with bean bags, new speaker boxes for the cockpit, 30 boxes of 15 and some spirits.

so why the hell am i sorting the cockpit locker on future perfect, water filter on pahi and installing a reception desk at servilles?

we're heading up north, Whangaroa and Doubtless Bay is the plan, of course weather depending... :D

Hey southern Men, done that westcoast trip from Milford sound up to Nelson and on to Wellington; with a mate of mine in his 29 footer, what a ride! We had southerlies blowing all the way up the coast ...just awesome! one trip to remember that's for sure...what a blast!

weather watch is here the key, go for it. Merry Xmas everyone and happy sailing! :D

If you notice a white open deck cat with a pod and hulls that are the same top and bottom and front and back , i think they used a similiar mold to sundreamer , its probably us. May even get down to Whitianga , depends on where the wind takes us. :thumbup:

One of the Allan Wright ones? They are cool

i thought it was a mitchell but not sure there are a few around from the molds, one at bayswater with a bridgedeck, ours is called naturel flight and has been at okahu bay just off the bridge for many years without getting a lot of use. Went to motor it out to motuihe the other day just before dark and against the wind, prop started slipping as the rubber boss was worn out so sailed up and got there pretty easy, looking forward to getting it sorted and sailing over summer it feels like it will be a good basic cruiser and still fun to sail, must try not to put too much excess junk on it tho.

I won't have the new yacht yet so will be limited to a 5 metre inflatable fizz nasty. If you see one buzzing around anchorages with 2 kids on board, annoying the hell out of cruisers it will be me! :twisted: :twisted:

Or I might take my two new jetskis out and do the same thing.. JUST KIDDING AA!!!!! (I haven't really bought any). :D :D

Can't wait to do the real cruising thing again and head for the barrier. All going well, end of summer it will happen!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Have a safe Christmas cruise everyone. I'm jealous of you all!

Smithy-1.JPG

i thought it was a mitchell.

Ah yeah, could be too. They look light and I bet they sail well. Quite a few around Auckland

You can try driving a nail into the edge of the rubber hub as a temporary option. Honda props are hopeless at spinning hubs. Henleys will solid bush them or they have good quality cheap props for sale that don't do it.

I won't have the new yacht

Can't wait to do the real cruising thing again and head for the barrier. All going well, end of summer it will happen!!

Still not wanting to hex the deal by mentioning that you are the new owner of :shh: :silent: :shifty:

Can't wait to do the real cruising thing again and head for the barrier. All going well, end of summer it will happen!!

Still not wanting to hex the deal by mentioning that you are the new owner of :shh: :silent: :shifty:

Yeah Ssssshhhhhhh - It's a secret :shifty: :wtf:

Yeah Ssssshhhhhhh - It's a secret :shifty: :wtf:

:shh: :shh: :shh:

Yes. Been there before. It's not a done deal until cash has changed hands. Looking good though..

Archived