Here are the Site Rules For Crew.org:
If you post on here, you agree to be bound by these rules. Some of them are a bit open to interpretation, so there will be site moderation. I'll try to be consistent and fair! Here are the rules;
This is a community of individuals who share a common interest in boating. Please think before you post and keep/be polite. If you come across any violations to these guidelines or have any problems navigating the site, do not hesitate to let me know.
I aim to ensure that the forum is an enjoyable place that you want to visit time and time again. I want Crew.org.nz to be an online reflection of the NZ boating community. Treat each other with respect.
- The rules extend to all sections of the website (including private messaging).
- Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, belligerence, insults, profanity, anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or national origin, are not acceptable.
- Do not post libelous remarks or directly misleading information.
- Stay on topic by keeping discussions relevant and on track.
- Do not post the same discussion more than once or in more than one forum.
- Posts containing rude, explicit, obscene or vulgar language or abbreviations, images or links to websites with adult content/images or punctuation marks may be removed.
- Be mindful of yourself and others. This forum is not a democracy; it is privately owned and I make the rules. If rules are violated I retain the right at our discretion to remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members. Any abuse toward me or my staff may/will result in immediate suspension of your account.
- Public discussion about moderation or moderator decisions is not allowed. If you are unhappy with a decision I/we have made for moderation, feel free to contact me to discuss.
- NO SPAM! Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit. Participants may not post affiliate links or links to direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest. If you wish to do this you MUST be a current advertiser, and your account MUST be up to date.
- Trolling and cyberstalking are NOT allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling on this board includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of (or anticipated result of) baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.
- Discussions about politics, weaponry and religion are permitted only in association with the topic of this forum and will be closed or removed if they become disruptive.
- We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate ANY rudeness.
- A member who accumulates a reputation score of -50 will have their posting rights removed. Permanently. This score means the members do not think your posts are generally of any benefit to the site.
- E-mail and web address are not appropriate forum user names.
- Posts should be well formatted. Use paragraphs, punctuation, and capital letters appropriately. Excessive use of Netspeak/LOLspeak (internet slang) and texting shortcuts (b4, str8, etc) is not permitted. Posts with violations may be edited or deleted without notification.
- The language of this forum is English. If you are not a native English speaker, do your best. We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite.
- Do not post protected or copyrighted material. Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the discussion forums without the consent of the owner. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. You cannot legally post entire articles or news in the forum without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you attribute the article correctly it’s still copyright infringement. Under Fair Use provisions you can legally post a small abstract of an article - or perhaps the opening paragraph. In either case please post a link to source. The exception to this rule is press releases; they are meant for distribution and can be copied and posted in their entirety. If you are not sure if you can copy something then always err on the side of caution and simply post a link to the material.
These guidelines will be enforced. Please enjoy the site, respecting others.
I'd be really interested to hear any ideas about what you would or would not like to see on the site to make it better.
Thanks for reading