Single handed Coastal Classic

I had a little bit to do with the Marsden Cove end of the Route 66 this year, and I believe a Tracker did it, and also beat the Reactor over the line just before the cutoff of 7am. Considering the wind (or lack thereof) in the early hours of the morning I thought that was pretty impressive.

Why do you think we have all the different safety stuff we have now - because someone made a single bad decision on a boat called Lionheart back when I was a teenager. One incident is all it takes for what KM calls wankery to go nuts.
Just like the new life jacket regs it's all about bureaucracy pandering to people with no clues to ensure they can deflect any criticism from themselves when things go wrong.

That along with a massive and hard sell push by business to feather it's own nest. When I say that I mean business can get bureaucracy to change things for them meaning more sales or a locked in supply or the holy grail being both. It's common and is happening in the NZ marine industry (amongst others) right here right now.... a lot of it to the punters detriment I may add. I can name quite a few situations where that's happening and the often large extra cost us boat owners have to pay for it.

But the odd bit of gear is good and common sense now the boater can get it easier i.e life rafts. They used to cost a house each but now you can get one for relatively bugger all. That's not a bad thing.

Opps, should I have used a liferaft example in a post where I also quote BP? I don't think those two things play overly nice together :) :)

I think that Revolution Blues would smoke it up the coast!

...but I'm not so sure that I would commit a little 727 to that amount of beating though...

Although, last R66 springs to mind... that was fun! (NOT!!!)