Vendee Globe 2016

Although, the DTF shown on the tracker seems to be to the port itself whereas I think they only have to get within a 60nm radius to register as finishing - so finish times may be a lot closer.

Great summary article http://www.vendeeglobe.org/en/news/18985/the-crazy-kiwi-conrad-colman-takes-sixteenth-place

Couple of snippets I found interesting -

Colman, a trained sailmaker and rigger, set one of the most efficient jury rigs seen in the history of ocean racing, working diligently and smartly to the end to improve the sheeting angles and hence efficiency of the rig which is constructed from his boom, part of his mainsail and his storm jib. Only Philippe Poupon and Yves Parlier have previously completed the Vendée Globe under jury rig, while others, like Mike Golding and Loïck Peyron had to set up jury rigs to bring their boats back to shore. ...

The 33 year old has made mast climbing an almost commonplace skill among his extensive personal armoury of abilities required to compete in the Vendée Globe, despite the fact it was a fall from the top of a mast which took the life of his father whose legacy Colman holds dear.

Great news to wake up to. Is there any video available?

Couple of clips on his Facebook page. My 2 and 3 year olds have been watching him cross the finish line and sail (under jury rig) down the canal.

Lots of questions from the 3 yo. How do you explain why a man would want to sail around the world by himself, run out of food and only have a little mast...

She did say, "next time he could get a bigger one..."