Fire at Pine Harbor

I spoke to someone involved with putting it out,  no definite answer until the fire guys finish there investigation etc. etc but the current thought is that it was the batteries, fire started not long after the mechanics turned on the batteries to test the engines after some work was done,  I also heard that the insurance company will pay out the classic but also give the boat back so it can be rebuilt,  If that rumour is true then good on the insurance company as better to let the owners work on options to have it restored than to write it off and have it go to landfill,  sounds like a boat with a bit of history.  Both boats sitting on the hard at Pine Harbour now

Very sad for the owners as I understand that they had put a massive effort into her -even the wiring was bang on top spec, but I guess they have costed the practicalities of fixing as against buying something else, will be interesting to read the fire inspectors report from the other boat that caused it.