Sydney Hobart

I wanted to put something on the homepage, but I couldn't find a single Kiwi entry. A few designed and built here, and no doubt a handful of sailors as hired guns on some of the big boats, but can someone give me a good Kiwi angle on it this year????

Think Georgia's doing some of the inshore events, Rolex Trophy and maybe Geelong week, not doing the Hobart though.

Quite a few Kiwis on Limit and I even noticed her entered the Rolex Trophy as a RAYC entry but nothing full blooded New Zealand this year going to Hobart.

Yes "Limit" will be as close as we get - they should do well.

Did you see Craoky's comments in the Herald this morning? He seemed to be back bagging the Wild Oats boys again despite predicting them taking line honours....

Limit is racing under the rayc flag

Kiwis include

Gavin Brady

Chris Dickson

Jamie gale

Kayne mulcahy

Martyn baker

Geoff martlew (foc)

Ryan Houston

Martin hannon

Rodney keenan

That last iname is the cook - right? :lol:

It just gets sillier, I've just read they are using two separate handicap systems, apparently they did last year as well. I'm sorry but that is just dumb and no one outside the "circle of insiders" will give a crap, no one will care about the handicap winner, the press will fawn all over the line honours contenders, and they will run the risk of the race slipping into very small fleets of line honours possibles and hardly anyone else.

Kinda like our Fiji and Noumea races.

Disagree Squid, the Aussies have the money so they have the latest and greatest IRC machines and as a consequence the handicap win is more valued than the line honours win by the sailors, if not the media. The converse of course is ture in kiwiland. The PHS is just for those who want to give it a go andon a budget. In some ways i cant blame the CYC for not wanting to disturb their cosy system with Orma 60's but watching that video of Geant in big seas sure was inspiring.

just been watching the start.....

One word to describe it........ boring !!

who wants to watch big lead swingers dragging their way down the harbour at 10 knots max.

get a multi up yah !!!

:)

What a load of bollocks;

http://rolexsydneyhobart.com/news.asp?key=5111

Race committee protests Wild Oats and Ra^n for reporting by telephone and not by HF radio :crazy: :crazy:

“Both have reported only by telephone, which does not comply, so the protests were lodged at 5.05pm today,” he said

“This is a fundamental safety issue,” he said. “Should a situation occur, we cannot organise search and rescue operations via telephones. I consider this a serious breach,” he said

These guys have their heads so far up their arse's its a wonder anyone entered at all, two in the 'cruising' div.. Have a read of the NoR, more hoops to jump through than a 12 year olds gymnastics class, you would need a professional manager just to get 'invited' to enter (you can't just enter :( sorry Team Voda boat.

http://rolexsydneyhobart.com/editorial.asp?key=1711

Archived