Sucky looking long weekend

Been watching predict/windy and had a trip over the Manukau bar chasing puka and bluenose.Now on hold.    Monday looking good but yes working.

I reckon Easter is too close to the equinox this year. It is normal to get blowey around the equinox.

Traditionally Easter weather is always either complete shithouse or amazeballs glassy calm, never anything in between. Possibly when Easter was later in April (away from the equinox) it is more likely to get those classic autumn crisp clear days and cold nights. I'm hoping that is the case, as I'm eyeing up the April school holidays for a nice autumn cruise this year (and because Easter is sucky, as you say).

• Upvote 1

We just arrived in Brest. Got out of the taxi and it hailed, turned to rain after 10 min, and hasn’t stopped. That was 3h ago. Storm forecast for the next 2 days, lol…

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, DrWatson said:

We just arrived in Brest. Got out of the taxi and it hailed, turned to rain after 10 min, and hasn’t stopped. That was 3h ago. Storm forecast for the next 2 days, lol…

The reality of any long weekend in Auckland.  Glad to see it's global!

1 minute ago, aardvarkash10 said:

The reality of any long weekend in Auckland.  Glad to see it's global!

Yep! 
mind you it took me 12h to get here from home. It’s like living in Auckland and keeping a boat in Welly!

Just arrived Navionics in Tauranga  to avoid the blow. Marina is full and car park is empty. Might be better tomorrow

19 minutes ago, Black Panther said:

Very few boats have left our river

So far we have had a few showers of rain on Friday and cleared by about 1pm.

Had a nice sail over to Waiheke yesterday and have had no more than 10knots of wind in our bay.

Today has been perfect nice sunny day 👍.