harken or ronstan

harken or ronstan  

37 members have voted

1. 1. harken or ronstan

• harken
    • ronstan
    • other

Selden make some great blocks; their cleats are a bit average though (Harken are about the only really good cam cleats with the ally jaw ones).

At least a couple of years ago, the selden rachet blocks were a bit limited in terms of attaching them to the boat; maybe that has changed.

thanks guys, selden blocks are a possibility, they are a tad more expensive, but should last a little while longer? if they end up costing too much my other alternative is harken carbo blocks.

anything thats cheap and can stand the massive loads of an i14 cunningham.

and you know these loads how? you have not sailed it a of yet...go for a sail on saturday.

Antal ferrules and dynex.
what are these ferrules? never heard of them... :sick:

a plastic ring that a piece of line goes through, like a block but cooler. i have guessed the cunno loads must be atleast 47 kgs, farr to much for small harken or ronstan gear to withstand. how much are the ferrules from halls?

a plastic ring that a piece of line goes through, like a block but cooler. i have guessed the cunno loads must be atleast 47 kgs, farr to much for small harken or ronstan gear to withstand. how much are the ferrules from halls?

If the load on your cunningham really is too high for Ronstan or Harken, then you don't need one coz you can't pull it on anyway.

what are these ferrules? never heard of them... :sick:

As far as I know Matrix Masts was the agent so I assume Hall spars is the Antal agent now. Sell him something Tim!!!

7489.jpg

anything thats cheap and can stand the massive loads of an i14 cunningham.

Na, SoftRig Titanium Rigging eyes and Donaghys O12HS, so so much nicer than Dynex and it'll run far better. Hampdijen aren't keeping up with developments so their Dynex is being left behind.

As it happens we have both in stock, best I do some field testing I think. A couple of seasons of testing should tell us lots :lol: :lol:

Antal Low Friction Rings (ferrules) are great kit.

They actually have a low friction impregnated surface to the anodising.

we just sell soooo many of them I'm surprised if anyone hasn't heard of them

The small ones are 10x 7 and sell for $17, the big ones 28 x 20 sell for $30.

There are also two sizes in between.

If you are doing cascade systems you really only need dynex on the first fall.

after that it pays to use a softer thinner rope to give better results.

Archived