Route 66

Norwegian Blue

Hi All,

I would love to do this race but unless I use one of the 2-man blow up dinghy’s :twisted: I am going to have to organise a life raft :shock: A $200+ hire would make the race un-appealing, but I have a few bottles of unopened rum in 5 different flavours :D

Anyone not going that would consider a few drops of gold nectar in return for a loan? I'd be happy to just have it on-board on the way up and tow my dinghy back home (it could be returned by car on the Saturday). PM me if you can help.

Will prob do this race, but heard theres no prizes for boats that dont compete in the races on sat. Can anyone clear this up? Dumb idea, going to b a big weekend for smaller boats if they have a slow trip up and out round the cans next morning just for a chance to get a prize

The Route 66 is a feeder race to the Clash of the Codes event and stands alone, even in prizes.

This event has been well supported by the marine industry since its inception, particularly Lombardini through Transmission and Diesels, and not many boats go home without a prize.

And no, I do not work there, just have been part of the organisation and competed since its inception.

Have to say I thought the organisers should probably be rethinking the R66 prize giving time.

From vague memory, it was listed at 9pm Friday. In the last three races, no one at all would have made it on two occasions and on the third one quarter would have missed and a second quarter would be at best, somewhat hurried.

Easily enough deferred of course but that closes down the option of sailing to Kawau Saturday.

The Data Lord holds those who doubt in the highest esteem, never believe anything you hear. Even when you prove to yourself it's true, assume there's a mistake you don't know about yet.

Hi All,

I would love to do this race but unless I use one of the 2-man blow up dinghy’s :twisted: I am going to have to organise a life raft :shock: A $200+ hire would make the race un-appealing, but I have a few bottles of unopened rum in 5 different flavours :D

Anyone not going that would consider a few drops of gold nectar in return for a loan? I'd be happy to just have it on-board on the way up and tow my dinghy back home (it could be returned by car on the Saturday). PM me if you can help.

This should be grounds for a court martial followed by a fleet flogging.

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Listen to your older and much wiser sister :!: :!:

Bring or surrender those rums for Thursdays. :thumbup:

The time limit for Route 66 is 0700 Saturday - so that all boats are available to partake in the Clash at the Cove on Saturday. This will be in the SI, which have not been published yet.

Every effort will be made to begin R66 prize giving by 2000 hours, Friday, 2 March, ASSUMING SUFFICIENT BOATS HAVE FINISHED.

Otherwise the intention is to have the R66 prize giving at 0730 Saturday which is just before the CatC briefing.

Note there is no briefing for the R66.

Everyone has gone pretty quiet, surely we can get a list up here of entries, Five Y11's already as far as I know

Force Eleven

Fineline

Sudden Impulse

Hullabaloo

Peppermint Planet ??? surely Rod is doing it

Is this now the Y11 intergalatic coastal division? almost as many as Noumea...

Archived