Easter Event for the NON Racers

Suddenly not looking so good for Barrier. Change of f'cast now says the current fresh SE flow will lighten and veer through S to SW by Sun/Mon - whereas it was previously showing as backing from SE through to N - NE.

I will be at the mansion house one on sunday but planning to head up to kawau tomorrow so probably won't make the rakino dinner. My parents will be with me too. There is a small chance if my brother comes out that we will head to rakino tomorrow but not likely.

The GFS and CMC models on PredictWind are at odds on Sunday - CMC shows flow going North and GFS shows the flow going South. But the both agree Monday is W / SW so on the nose back from the Barrier.

Question is how fresh on the nose? If it's 10-15kts max I'd be prepared to bite the bullet and plan to motor home straight into it. But if it's 15+ that's not a fun way to end the w/e.

Yeah I'm still 50:50 on Barrier 2moro. Might set out and if it looks uncomfortable turn back and run with it to Kawau.

I never mind a bit of a slog to Barrier once you know the run home will be easy, it's the prospect of heading back into a fresh SW that takes the shine off a relaxing few days out there. Dunno.

I'm going to keep to the Coromandle side and then as we cross Colville, we will have the swell more to the stern and go with it, with the same idea as AC, that if it is too nasty we can then run Kawau direction.

watch out for Oracle at Kawau.....

though i won't be onboard, Bob his wife and daughters have her out this weekend....

im back in auckland working on the house renovations.....!! great weekend to be out on the boat....ill be out next year.

Made it to Barrier. Cracking sail, close reaching in 15-20kts SE sat on 7.5-8kts all the way. Crossing Colville was interesting, winds peaked 25-ish and swell looked v big - I registered depth changing from 50m to 58m as we rode from peak to trough, so 8m rise which equates to 4m swell. But it was nice and long so comfortable ride, just looked a bit big at times. And the icing on the cake was landing a huge Kawahai so we had a nice fish starter with our rums ;-)

Made it to Barrier. Cracking sail, close reaching in 15-20kts SE sat on 7.5-8kts all the way. Crossing Colville was interesting, winds peaked 25-ish and swell looked v big - I registered depth changing from 50m to 58m as we rode from peak to trough, so 8m rise which equates to 4m swell. But it was nice and long so comfortable ride, just looked a bit big at times. And the icing on the cake was landing a huge Kawahai so we had a nice fish starter with our rums ;-)

Perfect :thumbup:

Stayed over this side in the end. The headsail caught the toggle on the spreader and tore a hole...again. Going to have to do soemthing major abut that. At Ponui last night and now around in Owhiti bay, but waiting to hear from Shanson as we might be heading around to Owanake to meet him.

F'cast for returning from Barrier Sun/Mon deteriorated so after lifting 4 big snapper off the broken isles we decided to dash back after lunch - Barrier to Kawau in 3 hrs assisted by residual 3m SE swell - a record for AC.

Arrived Bon Accord 5ish, had a few rums and a fat snapper dinner with Fusion. Looking fwd to catching up with the rest of the crew cruising clan Mansion House 2moro.

Archived