Storm watch

wheels

In the bay of islands now, bit of wind here prob 25 knots and a bit of rain last night, but just spitting now really. Fair amount of swell out there yesterday rounding cape brett though!! Had to motor the whole way north due to lack of wind...

You must have come through before us - we got to brett about 6.30pm and the SE had kicked up to 25 with a counter wave to the NE swell -plus with the current bit of a confused sea....the boat in front of us was getting tossed round like a cork...then once around willys of 35knots coming off the hills..things changed quite fast

We just had a great sail to kawau. 15-25 kts up the bum. A bit rolly in the lighter breeze but a quick(4hrs) pleasat trip. No rain at all and I even got sunburnt but its now drizling lightly in mansion house.

Glad we made the mission.

Yeah mate, still at kawau. Will be here until wednesday or thursday probably. Mansion house seems to be the best spot, we went up the harbour for a look earlier and it was rubish up there. A small slop has just started coming in the bay here but you wouldn't feel it in your boat. Just enought to rock a marauder a bit. Heading over to the sureal now for a beer now.

I bet its a bit uncomfortable out there right now?

Theres a low deepening around the Noumea area worth keeping an eye on. Hopefully the high underneath will have enough strength to shoehorn it off to the east.

They were originally forecasting this system to head south at around 160E, now they're talking nearly 165E. Uncomfortably close for us as I want to head away for a week and Sue gets a but grumpy when I leave here alone for a cyclone. Got the sails off the boat today and doubled up the mooring.

Archived