Whats the story Phil

SloopJohnB

Yep that would have been me. Plan was to truck to Auckland but nobody was expecting backloads for some time :( . Then I rang Exclusive Boat Haulage who happened to be on his way to Mana but had an urgent job in Tauranga so couldn't come back to Auckland. Sweet, getting her to Auckland from Tauranga is easy. So within a few hours of phoning him she was on her way. I drove down, the haul-out guys and Mike McCormick did a great job of checking the rig out and putting her back in and I was on my way. Porkchop's car transport firm are bringing my car back.

I got away just before 12, motoring for an hour or so while I put all the ropes back on. Then set sail, then put a reef in so that autohelm could sail her easily. Spent a fair bit of time down below wiring up the instruments, nav-lights, radio etc while she sailed herself up the coast. Then, jobs done, I had a turn to drive, shook the reef out about Whangamata, man they sail nice. Got dark at Castle Rock but I know the Hole in the Wall well. Nice reach all the way to Port Jackson, motor-sailing when the wind deserted me at times. Head winds from there so I packed the sails up and motored straight into it enabling me to nana-nap. Tied up about 10:00. 22 hours.

Good way to get to know her, 85 and 130 mile trips 2 handed and singlehanded first up :D

Looking at the amount of roadkill on the front of your car Phil, you drive waaaaaaaaaaay to f'n fast
As long as he only drives his cars fast I'll be happy :lol:

I like the white topsides, the off white didn't quite work well. Hints in the pics that she maybe carrying a lot of mast rake. Must say having timber work inside makes them feel a lot warmer and cosy. Mines white head to toe. While it makes her look a big bigger inside it is quite sterile and boring.

Looking at the amount of roadkill on the front of your car Phil, you drive waaaaaaaaaaay to f'n fast
As long as he only drives his cars fast I'll be happy :lol:

I like the white topsides, the off white didn't quite work well. Hints in the pics that she maybe carrying a lot of mast rake. Must say having timber work inside makes them feel a lot warmer and cosy. Mines white head to toe. While it makes her look a big bigger inside it is quite sterile and boring.

I'm sure some leadlined timber work could be fitted....

Mines white head to toe. While it makes her look a big bigger inside it is quite sterile and boring.

You could always get someone to paint some pretty flowers on the sterile white. :P Then it won't look so boring.

Even better - how about some crazy labrinths. :lol:

Or you could go conservative KM, and just grab some vivid red paint and rag or sponge paint on some splashes. :think:

Or maybe not.

Archived