NZ designed Mini 650 kitset and South pacific Mini circuit.

B00B00

Talks cheap!

Oh so very very tempting but I won't.

front up with details and who's doing what!!! and what the plan is going forward!..., and What you need!!! after all ther are a lot of unemployed people doing nothing and looking for anything!

Did you go to the dunny and miss that bit along all the rest?

Well Great Aunty Ethel is making some lovely knitted covers for the winches. In 6oz blended Marino in a nice off white, complete with draw strings.

Bob the bloke from down the road is taking a photo of a possible shed.

Bobs dog will be pissing on the car tyres.

Peter is making sure the code flag stickers are the right way up.

Roger has the job of wiping the coffee stains off the plans.

Need the rest of the list?

We thought it right down to the very last detail last nite only because we were so concerned you had to know.

:) :) I wondered about the choice of picture as well :? It's a goodie I like it... or at least like watching it :)

sh*t guys sory I missed it,

We missed you as well sweetie :)

I'm sure our hairy legged secretary Mr Squid will have you on the list so you'll know the goings on. Either that or just listen to CS, he seems to know it all.

Damn forgot him, I have an email somewhere, will send it now, thanks.

NOpe just had a look it's not there, anyone have it?

He gives it to anyone who asks... so I don't think he'll mind me putting it here...

Mike Rose

09 483 8284

021 735 015

mrpr@xtra.co.nz

Guest creative suffering
sh*t guys sory I missed it, had only just got back from Thailand that day and have to be out of our house by the weekend (sold it and upgraded) so there was no way in hell I was going to be allowed out to talk about spending more money on a boat....

I am so fu*ken busy at the moment I wouldnt have been much help anyway!

Our mini project is on hold for now as there is a good chance we will get the full funding very shortly for the final goal (open 60) so if so there would be no need for the mini.

Should know more in a few weeks.

looks like some great progress was made and some good decisions.

Dan leech and Matt Stenchman are still keen to do the leech kitset mini. so if that is a posiblity let me know.

Is there a second meeting scheduled?

Well that says it all does'nt it!

The "big guy" that starts it all has bailed already!

and KM implies I'm am "all talk"... well my jig is ramset to the floor and my thicknesser is working overtime dealing to some very nice ceder!... oh dear my predictions beginning to look correct after all!

Squid. you are doing a fine job! but i fear you are surrounded by some idiots.

ceder!...

Ceder is French for 'I give up'. Apparently a word they have used a lot :shock: :twisted: :lol:

What are you trying to tell us CS, are you being attacked by a Mercedes or BMW?

A great afternoon to have a play on the computor

follows are a few images - mk1 flat panel kit option, and the mk2 with a possibilty of a moulded canoe body and paneled topsides and structure, or fully moulded hulls

post-234-14188715386.jpg

post-234-141887153863.jpg

Guest creative suffering
ceder!...

Ceder is French for 'I give up'. Apparently a word they have used a lot :shock: :twisted: :lol:

What are you trying to tell us CS, are you being attacked by a Mercedes or BMW?

Audi actually! and the french are leading the 650 way and are far from giving up!

time will tell who gives up on this 650 class front ! but the french are leader in this and we are followers!

by the way Finot hull shapes are very nice!

By the way!

Also with a "one bolt detachable keel" that slots in a "female hull box" you can tilt them on a folding trailer at 40 degrees and meet the NZ trailering requirements. Just like the old Tornado trailors or those large offshore powerboats! (keels sits on the trailor under the boat and mast strapped to hull rack above car (audi) roof hieght!)

:clap:

I think I like the Mk 2 better.

Can I offer you a tip fng? No, well get stuffed as I'm going too anyway :)

get the picture on the screen you want

push the 'Print Screen' button on your keyboard

open a drawing program like Coral, MS Paint and many others

hit 'paste' and you have a picture of your screen.

Save all the camera work, which it took me a bit to work out why the pics have curved sides ;)

Well I favour Mk2, so long as it's faster... and my preference is to build it as a Proto using the latest greatest building materials.

My understanding is that in doing so, you'll increase the project cost by a minimal 10% (for the same number of boats as a Series), and end up with a faster more exciting boat that complies with the rule in every way it was intended. The mini Transat will become a possibility (these boats are competitive for 2 to 6 years - occasionally more).

Also, sponsorship becomes more accessible.

I found it interesting at the meeting how animated several of the potential owners became when talking about a state of the art proto. I got the feeling that's what everyone wants and if the cost is spread across several, then it gets really attractive. The interesting thing, if there is a greater demand, then 8 protos will cost LESS than 4 series, if you follow my logic.

Can't remember who mentioned it, but putting together a cooperative and having several identical Protos built makes a lot of sense. Fleet sponsorship becomes a possibility too for the first build.

My take on this would be to form a non-profit entity, that everyone is contracted to, paying agreed sums at intervals throughout the build.

The biggest problem is the labour component, and how that is done with equity.

Is everyone going to only work on their own vessel, or are they all built to hull and decks under contract then owners finish in their own premises and timescale.

Guest creative suffering
My take on this would be to form a non-profit entity, that everyone is contracted to, paying agreed sums at intervals throughout the build.

The biggest problem is the labour component, and how that is done with equity.

Is everyone going to only work on their own vessel, or are they all built to hull and decks under contract then owners finish in their own premises and timescale.

If you had read my earlier posts you would have seen a comment on tendering out the Hull Build.

it's easy and only requires a design be drafted for the hull shape and/or a materials list!

With so many umemployed people and so many qualified boatbuilders with nothing much on you may find that one advertisment would get many submissions of interest! and some sharp prices! plus a quick build time!

if you are smart you would tender out most major components based on a "owner numbers commitment"

making most of the major components "one Design" also retains the value of the boat and allows easy rebuild or part replacment.

"munchies for the mind!"

like chris sayers boat, why dont you have the keel shaft on a (roundabout) 30 degree angle back, so the canting pulley mechanism is in the cockpit and not in the cabin. dryer cabin, more cabin space. easier to tack.

Archived