What's happened to all the Ross 930’s

Interesting racing, although the handicaps are all over the shop.

Mast head kites rate lower than boats with a fractional kites ?

I know what’s all that about. I’m guessing one of the ones with a fractional kite will have no issues with the handicapping as they won almost every race on handicap. I can only assume that the one Ross, that was handicapped lower than the two with fractional kites has spent years manipulating his handicap for this one event.

I know what’s all that about. I’m guessing one of the ones with a fractional kite will have no issues with the handicapping as they won almost every race on handicap. I can only assume that the one Ross, that was handicapped lower than the two with fractional kites has spent years manipulating his handicap for this one event.

Performance based handicaps make ZERO difference what size sails you have. Its performance based not measurement based. In other words a handicap not a rating.

Performance based handicaps make ZERO difference what size sails you have. Its performance based not measurement based. In other words a handicap not a rating.

So that Ross just really sucks.

Sorry BooBoo, you are correct.

Any ideas on the keel configurations for all the boats that raced?

The handicaps are always a problem when boats that don't normally sail against each other are suddenly on the same start line. There didn't seem to be any adjustment to the handicaps after a couple of races, which may have made things more interesting.

Any ideas on the keel configurations for all the boats that raced?

The handicaps are always a problem when boats that don't normally sail against each other are suddenly on the same start line.

Keels = 4 old school, 2 turbo and a 'knot sure but thinking it's a turbo'.

That's the key issue, knot enough boat on boat history to give a good baseline. Time will fix that though.

Knot Me... any ideas on which boats had which ?
No Worries and Ballistic are tweaked, Mean Streak is the knot sure, the rest are old school............... for the moment at least.

Mean Streak wears an old school keel. So 5 old school and 2 tweaked played together in the weekend.

KM's keel is also old school .......... purely due to bureaucratic butt protecting wankery, knot by choice or common sense.

heard a rumour you were also about to replace ur Keel KM? If u get it designed properly with calcs and welders certs there is no reason you cant u/grade the keel?. I'm certianly very glad I did mine having just done the central triangle, as it was 90% upwind, would have been out the back with the old keel. also manged 150 miles in 12 hrs on one short downhill run with a fract Genny on beam/broad reach, again would have been broaching in those conditions with the old one.

A reliable source tells me that KM is putting a lockable canting keel into the Reptile along with a single dagger board.

In Ross 930 trim, the keel is locked in place and dagger board is pulled out to comply with the rules, but in “open” trim the dagger board goes in and the keel cants 45 degrees via a continuous block and tackle type arrangement controlled via winch’s on deck. If you check the new rules that Knotty has been conveniently working on, you'll see there are holes in the new rules that allow a cunning bastard to do this.

Of course a boat designer known to these forums, and my source will never confess any knowledge of this.

2/Interior Arrangement

Minimum requirements

A)Five full length berths ( squabs not required for racing)

B)Minimum 2 burner stove.

C)Marine or properly fitted chemical toilet.

D)Built in galley with built in sink and total bench top area of not less than 0.29 sq m

And he has engaged this firm to provide the interior

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=621477237867363&set=vb.142730279226687&type=2&theater

Cunning as used dunny paper Tuffy but I do like the idea............ and to be honest have toyed with doing damn near that very thing.

Knot a good rumour sorry Redline. Have you noticed how many engineered keels have fallen off or engineered boats have broken, even ones they have had multiple goes at engineering? It's a lot. Apparently ISAF and YNZ think that's a good thing, personally I don't.

:lol: :lol: I see SD has linked to one of those engineers

2013 Winter Series.

As of this Friday afternoon 5 entries so far. No Wurries, Local Hero, Wild Oats, Ballistic, Pepe.

The first race is next Sunday 19 May so looking forward to watching the rest of the entries roll in. The lady at Pons told me they want at least 6 entries to give us our own start. So come on the rest of you put your entries in.

a.f.u

Some bloody great racing over the weekend at the Akl regatta!

despite a few different configurations the racing was really close

No Worries definitely had the jump taking gun on all the races - well done team :clap:

You could also add Big Buck to the list and from what I understand it is still original strut without bulb!

The "class'' casting mould possibly produced the last bulb last week and will be fitted to the Big Buck this spring.

You can also add Armalite, she resides in Akaroa and has a std class bulb also.

Archived