Boating now heavily restricted

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agree the govt has form for changing its mind on a whim, but in this context I don't have a problem with it. They are having to make decisions with massive ramifications very quickly and on limited fa

The higher the alert levels, the less rights you have. This is not some form of sinister Gvt control of the People however. It is about keeping the Public safe in a time of crises. You yourself might

Your comment is out of line and I've reported it. We don't need racism in NZ, or anywhere. #givenothingtoracism

Posted Images

8 hours ago, dutyfree said:

This is a massive intrusion into our human rights.  If we are maintaining recommended distancing then there should be no impediment.  We have many weeks to go yet.

The higher the alert levels, the less rights you have. This is not some form of sinister Gvt control of the People however. It is about keeping the Public safe in a time of crises. You yourself might maintain safe minimum distances, but as already displayed by those in the far North, many simply disobey the Rules. They treat it as a joke. So the entire fight to control this outbreak falls over. The result could well affect you with the Gvt having to continue of the lockdown period. Of which I personally do not want, so we all have to just suck it up and grin and bare it.

As a society we have had plenty of chances to show we can be responsible. We fail constantly. We deserve to be locked into our houses and not let out. 

By ‘we’ i mean people in general. Not me, not you probably. In fact prob less than 5% of the population, but those knobs will still destroy the potential gains of the lockdown. 

8 hours ago, dutyfree said:

And causing what problem?

This is a massive intrusion into our human rights.  If we are maintaining recommended distancing then there should be no impediment.  We have many weeks to go yet.

What about the rest of the country that doesn’t have the gulf on the door step ? Or a boat in the marina ?  Fark no wonder there is great disdain for Aucklanders and larger boat owners 

33 minutes ago, Clipper said:

As a society we have had plenty of chances to show we can be responsible. We fail constantly. We deserve to be locked into our houses and not let out. 

By ‘we’ i mean people in general. Not me, not you probably. In fact prob less than 5% of the population, but those knobs will still destroy the potential gains of the lockdown. 

Agree, that's where 90% of the laws, reg, and rules come from.

Idiots ruin it for all.