Seafaring nation?

I agree, and I think it would be nice if they were let in. Perhaps after the election, but only if you vote Greens ;-)

But to be the protagonist, realistically, how long do you expect the typical cruiser in this situation is going to need to stay? Fiji is open, so next winter they can head up there (assume Fiji is still open then). Then what? Can you head west from there? Kind of need to get into Aust before crossing the Indian Ocean?

Or do one more season in Fiji, come back to NZ and sell the boat?

How many do you think would give up and sell their boat in NZ, given the current difficulties in moving around the world?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't see how they would be 'stuck' in Tahiti? With a Carte de Seyjour, they could easily sail to Nuka Hiva or sail to the eastern Tuamotu for hurricane season, or even Hawaii to the north. The

Well yes there sort of is rational and sort of a sh*t load of it. As noted they did ask to come and were told No so what did they do, they thought f*ck you new Zealand, f*ck your laws, f*ck the r

They want to come to NZ not because their son died, not because of weather problems, but because their broker says the yacht will sell more easily here. They left and buried their son in the uk,

Posted Images