+ve Burnsco Gulf Harbour

A confirmed positive covid case visited Burnsco Gulf Harbour twice last Sunday 18th Oct, at 10:30 am and 3 pm.

Public service announcement here due the high chance crew readers frequent marine supply stores.

I visited Burnsco the day before and Healthline advised both me and my missus to get swabbed, which we have done.

Any I was making jokes today about not going to the pub, just incase...

If you were at Burnsco, or have the slightest sniffly, call Healthline 0800 611 116

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AJO look what is in my workshop.   A 1:24 scale radio controlled version of her, complete with twin drives with feathering propellers. Even the steering wheel works. Th

I know several of the people involved in this Auckland cluster. Covid test results in 30 hours.  People have got slack in level 1. Every business is still required to display a code. Even though

Its not hard to get the results if you give a sh*t. Takes less than 3 mins. Just phone your GP. Me and the missus got tested Friday night. My result was back by text 8:30 this morning, so 36 hrs

Posted Images

Back in the day if you were gay you were just happy.

If you were a muppet you were made of fabric

If you had a man bun it meant your filled roll was bigger than your girlfriends

A tranny was a radio

A yacht always had sails

and eliminated meant it had ceased to exist.

We're dangerously close to being able to argue No can also mean Yes.

2 hours ago, It Got said:

Back in the day if you were gay you were just happy.

If you were a muppet you were made of fabric

If you had a man bun it meant your filled roll was bigger than your girlfriends

A tranny was a radio

A yacht always had sails

and eliminated meant it had ceased to exist.

We're dangerously close to being able to argue No can also mean Yes.

I had a very satisfying elimination this morning.  Nothing disappeared until I flushed and even then, it continued to exist.

Like the language of boats (why is a rope a sheet - its not flat, white and on the bed), the language of science can sometimes seem non-sensical.  Its not meant to make sense to a non-scientist.  

Its a rum thing.  Or is that rumb?  Pass the bottle - lets discuss.

Well, I'm negative, so it wasn't me.

I'm still slightly bemused that they told me to get tested, when I was at Burnsco the day before the positive case. But it sounds like "it" is out and about again, and they are being abundantly cautious on community monitoring.

As the testing guy said, it was my civic duty to have a cotton bud jammed up my nose.

Now I have no excuse but to go to the father in laws 80th this afternoon, and its such good sailing weather, grrr

This mornings haze is hopefully related to a 21st last night and what I'm told was a brutal attack on many bottles of 1800 Tequila but it maybe covid, I'm still waiting for the test results from 2 separate tests. Either way the days plans of hacking the drive into the back of our place is not happening, no way I can handle a screaming 2 stroke at the moment.

74 active cases in NZ according to the media this morning.

Despite the GOVT telling every shop owner they must display a QR code thing so people can scan or a sign in book.Well today I was in ST Lukes mall .I would say 50% shops no code or sign in book. Out south in my area there is very few codes and defiantly no book.So have the govt or shop keepers given up or has the threat been over hyped??

Surely with the electrician visiting overseas ships it would be a no brainer to of had compulsory testing or placed him or others in managed isolation as a precaution.

I know several of the people involved in this Auckland cluster. Covid test results in 30 hours. 

People have got slack in level 1. Every business is still required to display a code. Even though I work from home, I have one on The front door. That has given me a 3rd level casual contact with this cluster. The mutual customer of mine and the company that the electrician works for is in quarantine.  I did not have to unless he tested positive or developed symptoms.  He has not, and has tested negative. This has been a bit of wake up call, I was getting a bit slack in code recording. I've been very careful this weekend. 

IMO NZ's systems are working pretty well, and this is the new normal. However,  I would not be letting in the fishing crews...