Mariner End of Year Rum Race

I'd be about 18.03 then, maybe sooner. After all 1020 and 88's are way faster ;)

Hoping to enter another vessel depending on how much I can get done in the weekend. I'm doing it just to see the handicapper explode trying to work a number for her. Revenge can be so sweet :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya wanna be careful there KM. I'm gonna be helping Squid with the flags and horns and stuff and I've been known to write down numbers a bit wrong if its not likely to earn me a beer or two. :wink: Luckily I am open to influence.

Bribery is such a negative word though .... I prefer to think of it as a hobby that pays. :D (a bit like politics really)

Revenge can be so sweet :lol: :lol: :lol:

At last we agree, surely though i didn't read revenge and handicapper in the same sentence, surely not ??

You do realise KM that late entries attract a discretionary later start time don't you?

I'd buy off Grinna if I were you, it's really your only hope.

Oui, I heard that.............. but sadly don't have many legs to stand on if I try to refute it :?

The boat I want to use, the boating public of NZ willing, would need to start about 2pm to have any hope of making the finish in day light or if soft wind, breakfast the next day :(

Updated list as at 19 Dec, 12:00

Short course :

17:48:00 Yotasorus

17:49:00 Supasonic

17:51:00 Libertas

17:56:00 Infiltrator

17:58:00 Revolution Blues

17:59:00 Lightning

18:01:00 Smokey Joe

18:02:00 Humdinger

18:02:00 Long Gone

18:02:00 Affinity

18:03:00 Crocodile

18:05:00 Panacea

18:06:00 Running Free

18:06:00 The V Team

18:09:00 Scarlet Fever

18:09:00 Start me Up

18:09:00 Timeless

18:09:00 Young Magic

18:11:00 Hysteria

18:12:00 Prince Hal

18:12:00 Princess

18:12:00 Prism

18:12:00 Slipstream III

18:13:00 Revolution

18:14:00 Azure

18:14:00 Local hero

18:14:00 Fulmar

18:15:00 Pionneer

Long Course :

17:47:00 Peppermint Planet

17:50:00 Fun n Games

17:50:00 Transformer (must be another computer fault, perhaps if I used an IMac)

17:53:00 Future Feedback

17:54:00 Demonstrator

17:58:00 Snatch

17:59:00 Force Eleven

18:03:00 Satellite Spy

18:05:00 Mojo

18:17:00 Tigre

18:25:00 Borderline

18:25:00 Wired

08:00:00 Wednesday Team Vodafone Sailing

If any boat would like to change course, let's know

Did I mention I may have alot of ballast.....can I apply for an adjustment of rating for every person above the normal 5 on board?

I've alot of monkeys apparently coming.

There may well be a bottle of Mount Gay for the boat that is most seriously overloaded.

Mmmm, what Squid really meant to say is a bottle of Mt Gay emptied out and replaced with piss. Cos he wouldn't want to be seen encouraging unsafe practices! :shock:

There may well be a bottle of Mount Gay for the boat that is most seriously overloaded.

So if I enter Fusion in full cruise mode all loaded up with 2 tenders an Opti a Kayak. 10 Doz Becks (thanks Countdown $19.99) Every Toy and book from my daughters bed room. Not to mention all the bits and tools needed to do those little projects. The Sewing machine weights 25kg alone. :D

I was thinking people actually, just load up 35 new sailors in bikinis and you're a dead cert for a bottle.

Squid: For 35 bikinis, that would have to be a very VERY LARGE bottle PLUS one for the helmsman at least.

MarkM...

Don't be sucked in by Revolution. Just cause he doesn't use a spinnaker when virtually everyone else does (B&G Simrads and Wednesday nights) doesn't mean he should be advantaged when the rest of us don't use kites. Jono's been a handicap burgler for years :lol: :lol: I would have thought you'd have been on to him ! He should be giving Azure and Local Hero time... afterall Revolution is longer, taller, more sail area and skippered by a crafty bugger with heaps of restricted/cruising division sailing experience. Poor Azure won't know what to do with a headsail downwind...

I know, he's even stooped to entering under assumed names, no doubt he'll make some sort of claim with all the substance of a politician's promise involving crew entries, boat partnerships or some such, but really, the transparency's insulting.

I'm feeling the need to add ten minutes to a start time as an example that lower than an Australian snakes belly does not go unnoticed.

PS. Which boat are you on Cameron, should I wait for a Hard Labour entry or should I just randomly add five minutes to Azure as well?

YES we are accepting late enries. The main reason for the deadline is so Mark isn't swamped on Wed, Now that we have them spread out a bit, keep entering, Probably have to draw he line sometime Wed.

I think we have numbers for the start, if so instead of flags we will have numbers for the minutes. Stay tuned.

The boat I want to use, the boating public of NZ willing, would need to start about 2pm to have any hope of making the finish in day light or if soft wind, breakfast the next day :(

I Can't beleive no one has taken this obvious troll, OK...

So KM, are you refering to Suburban Reptile specifically or just R930's in general? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next you'll probably try and convince us its not infact a R930 with such performance but some sort of steel ketch...

Archived