This Weekend's Achievements

learned that it is quite hard to right a javelin with a kite up.

When you first raised sailing the Javelin on your own this was pointed out to you and lets face it , it was a near flat calm.

It just seems to be an unnecessary accident waiting to happen !

yep but having a centre board that would snap off if i went out past half way when standing on it didnt help much either. the kite was wrapped around the forstay and the top half was just acting like a big parachute anchor. all part of the fun

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not this weekend but over the last month i have been doing something new. I had a delivery planned Tahiti to Auckland but it failed to materialize. Angela had gone to visit her mum in Florida so

Got 10 boats towed back into the environment before 10:30 this morning, waited until tide came in, floated off the cradle and went to the mooring only to find it had become an ecosystem all of its own

Posted Images

Sat.

Launched the boat at the official launching party, involving lots bubbly and some brown bubbly. Christened boat.

Headed out of narrow harbour fairway and into 12-17knts possibly gusting 20 knts. 40-50 people watching.

OMG. I'm totally hooked. Why didn't someone tell me how fast these skiff things go???

With two people hiking as much as they could, the boat was flying. Water everywhere. Christina laughing all the way out and back in at high speed. AWESOME!

Sun.

Avoided hangover. Still smiling.

Mon.

Still smiling.

Sat.

Launched the boat at the official launching party, involving lots bubbly and some brown bubbly. Christened boat.

Headed out of narrow harbour fairway and into 12-17knts possibly gusting 20 knts. 40-50 people watching.

OMG. I'm totally hooked. Why didn't someone tell me how fast these skiff things go???

With two people hiking as much as they could, the boat was flying. Water everywhere. Christina laughing all the way out and back in at high speed. AWESOME!

what is this "skiff thing" that you talk off ? sounds fun :P

Sat.

Sun.

Avoided hangover. Still smiling.

Mon.

Still smiling.

:thumbup: :thumbup: Excellent stuff Dr. W. Great little project that one with good skills all round. Glad it goes as good as it looks!

Sat.

Walked around the helideck again in the sun, watch whales and dolphins.

Then went to the moonpool to watch the sea snake.

Watched the ABs lose. Got ridiculed by Australian crew and was lucky not to lose large amounts of money.

Sun.

Cut the Seasnake in half recovering the dive Bell. Sorry buddy. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

IMG_1030.JPG

IMG_1031.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG