What's happened to all the Ross 930’s

What's the theory on the bulb shape? What about the "beaver tail"?

What can I say, I just like beaver :shock:

I'm not really much of a theory guy, but I understand it minimises tip vortices. There are no doubt many here who can explain how it works...

Pic is a bit misleading as without the trailing edge it looks very high aspect

I'm told that keel/bulb combo is bloody slow. But then I woke up so now can only hope it is :wink:

I got my new big black sticky out erection like device for my beast end of last week, a little excited, especially as it looks a lot faster than Elbow Rooms one :lol: :lol:

Made by Nick Olsen of Evolution Composites down in BeachavenBirkendale. He was a pleasure to deal with and knew what I wanted better than I did. http://www.carbonfibretube.co.nz. Or he can custom make as he did to mine as I wanted a tad gruntier than I'd use if I was just staying in the harbour.

Meanwhile Airship and Testarossa are flying the 930 flag
:shh: :shh: They aren't really 930's until about 8pm tonite.

In fact there are very few 930's today but I'm expecting to see rapid growth in the Class and have a lot more tomorrow :lol: :lol:

Very nice. Had a nosey out there yesterday.

The Association had a bulk measuring session on Sunday and ran the tape over a lot of boats in Westhaven. Given us a bit of data to play with which will help going forward.

We had the biggest class fleet last Wednesday night with Squadron and a lot more to come between those out of the water and those sitting out the conditions.

Looks like a good haul of 930s going up for the CC. When I looked on the race website they were all over the place due to data etc. Biggest class for the second year in a row. Pepe 2 handed?, the rest crude.

We have a new transom on No Worries so may get past Tiri this year.

Looks like a good haul of 930s going up for the CC. When I looked on the race website they were all over the place due to data etc. Biggest class for the second year in a row. Pepe 2 handed?, the rest crude.

We have a new transom on No Worries so may get past Tiri this year.

How many going up?

Archived