Crowded Anchorages

Black Panther

Sailed into Flam and met the 3 locals :D and took the little train inland and back. Awesome!

A bit like fjordland but on steriods. Bergen, Olden and Stavenger were also very nice.

You can by whale meat from the local fish markets and Greenpeace are nowhere to be seen :lol:

the cove at Rakitu/ Arid island is another nice spot to stop at.

We had that to ourselves a couple of years ago at christmas! It was the day of the mussell fest so we basically had the back of Barrier pretty much between about 3 or 4 boats. It was tough.

When I crewed up to Tonga in 11 we had south Minerva to ourselves and same boat to Fiji in 12 we had North Minerva to ourselves.. yeeah, now thats what I'm talking about.

Sitting in Queenstown airport after 5 days in Dusky, Breaksea and Doubtful sounds. Stunning anchorages. Stunning diving. Biggest and Best crayfish diving - just like a large supermarket!

Biggest and Best crayfish diving - just like a large supermarket!

Dammit, and to think that all this time I've just been sort of reaching over the side of the chillers...

We were on the Tutoko 1. The crew were awsome. It is an older 16m trawler type steel launch that sleeps 8 in one bunk room.

It was a work trip, so I didn't pay. But I think it is about $3k a day including food and transfers in and out.

Wheels, you want to go? My brother is taking his launch down there for about 6 weeks, leaving soon. If you would like a few days, I can possibly arrange something. The Boat is a 44ft Flybridge Launch, built specifically for working in Cook Strait. Rob is mad keen on fishing and Diving. Not sure if he has a full complement of crew yet, but I could ask?

nzb32.jpg

nzb31.jpg

Wheels, you want to go?

Wow what an offer and thanks. But it just ain't something I can do at the mo, for a whole lot of reasons. But once again, thanks for the offer.

Archived