What happend to Final Decision (Elliott 780)?

Absolution

Hamish, you can park H2go at my place between ssanz races if you want to leave it up in auckland

Might need to borrow your 4wd too. Don't think the Volvo would last a 1000ks towing it up from Chch.

I take it Fineline has sold then?

The deposit has been paid... remaining funds expected this week. I'm gonna miss her :-(

Nice one Hamish. Someone got a bargain!

I have bought the Fineline from Hamish, great boat and very well looked after.

If any of the crew are out there and still wish to sail on her, please get in touch.

Cheers.

Scotty

I have bought the Fineline from Hamish, great boat and very well looked after.

If any of the crew are out there and still wish to sail on her, please get in touch.

Cheers.

Scotty

I would love to but the commute would be too expensive from Australia

Great boat, was a crew of many flags, great memories

Damn it... Wish I was still in Auckland

Hi I'm going to have to sell my Shaw 750T that I've just about finished building. I've bought a cruising yacht and I've come to terms with the idea I can't do justice to them both. If you're interested let me know it will be finished in about 4 weeks.

Cheers

Tim

20140510_122218.jpg

Here's some more. I'm feeling a bit gutted but my family have shown more enthusiasm and excitement, individually, over the cruising yacht in one day than they expressed collectively in a year and a half for the Shaw. Like I said it's not finished yet,it will all be done in a few weeks. I'm doing the non skid and fitting the deck gear then it's off to Budda at Northland spars and rigging to rig it with diform. Then I guess it'll go on trade me. It's also got 2 gennakers, main, 2 head sails code zero on endless line beau furler. Nearest and quickest to $25K.

boat on trailer and emily waterblasting 3777.jpg

20140510_122103.jpg

boat on trailer and emily waterblasting 3631.jpg

20140514_170656.jpg

Pumbaa............ this must be a hard call getting the hard word and loosing your little boat ( the screaming yellow zonker ) and also having to face your families total unreserved determined and final rejection on your childhood dream ( to go fast on the water , yes that one, not the one that involves the jelly wrestling :roll: ) . however look on the bright side ( always look on the bright side of life :wink: ( could be the makings of a song here ) when you are surging down the oceans waves peaking at 6.5 or even hitting 8 knots think back and tell yourself that this is far more fun and spiritually gratifying than just selflessly screaming around the Bay with a big kite up, the sun on your back, spray flying every where and beau is far back in the distance floundering with a tangled kite in the piss and the smile on your face tells the story . ( every picture tells a story baby :wtf: )

Archived