The B&G Simrad 60 2010 Thread...

Cameron

Yesterday I told Mr O I wasn't going to stay up waiting for him tonight, he laughed and said he would be home just after lunch - who's laughing now!

Tiri wind speed 0 gusting 2... from 0 degrees @ 16:30

Charlatan race report: Retired - sketchy engine (refer tech talk) something about the safety regs and everything having to work? Not wanting to tempt fate finishing after dark in a possible Gale(!?!) with no engine... (Wind Warning = warning, there may be some wind).

Didn't really start but due to the 2 hr AP affect some in-effective repairs, started (late) then went back to the river as Mr f*ck Up was attempting to get on board.

Was a soft variable breeze from about 90deg to 30/40 deg between the start and Navy, wind speed from maybe 4knts or less, a short period of 18/19 and back to 10... Lumpy sea intersperced with showers... 17nm down to Gannet with a soft shifty breeze on the nose... hats off to however finishes this one.

Yesterday I told Mr O I wasn't going to stay up waiting for him tonight, he laughed and said he would be home just after lunch - who's laughing now!

He could still turn out to be right - unfortunately.

With a long cold night looming, my thoughts are with all competitors but most of all the crew member trapped on a 9.3m vessel with this easily-aroused chap:

A 35-40kts up the bum....Oh yeah :thumbup: :thumbup:

I thinking I'm getting a boner with the thought.

Hay Mrs O, the time limit is midday Sunday, perhaps he's expeing a nice sunday roast when he walks in the door?

I only cook for winners!

Hay Mrs O, the time limit is midday Sunday, perhaps he's expeing a nice sunday roast when he walks in the door?

I can believe it,how can a 4 cast go25-35knts ne to 10 sw, KM had something going on in his neither region this am , I suggest someone is going to be mightely disapointed :roll:

We did not start(Rush) because of the the Metserv 4cast this am, how can they be so wrong?

Predict wind forecast about half of this, and from the lead in the only certainty from the forecasts was the uncertainty.

But i have to say, 8.15pm Tiri 0 gusting zero!, but wait there's more, Bean 3 gusting 4 from 295, Channel, should be blowing its tits off - 7 gusting 16 from 169 (its 100m ups :crazy: ) and Tuts 4 gusting 5 from 176. This is jsut making me nervous.....

We pulled the plug at 4.00PM. Nothing on the water and nothing on the forecast.The thought of a long cold windless night just didn't set me alight. First time I've pulled the pin on one of these races.

but going slow while water drips down the back of your neck is the worst form of sailing.

And in those conditions, steering from the leeward rail with water gushing off the boom....

We pulled out at 4pm. Twenty minutes into our motor home there was a wee breeze, and we saw a few kites open back in the fleet. That was the last wee breeze we saw all the way home.

Listening to the radio a steady stream of boats were pulling out.

Archived