Weiti Short Handed Series Programme

Fish

1200 Elapsed Time Converted to

Place Sail No Boat Name Hrs mins secs Decimal mins Handicap Corr. Time Adj handicap New handicap

1 8359 Cool Change 1 59 55 119.917 0.782 93.775 0.004 0.786

2 5145 Suburban Reptile 2 2 58 122.967 0.788 96.898 0.002 0.790

3 9128 Bump n Grind 2 8 0 128.000 0.783 100.224 0.001 0.784

4 3715 Clear Circle 2 22 37 142.617 0.711 101.400 0.000 0.711

5 4309 Charlatan 2 11 37 131.617 0.775 102.003 0.000 0.775

6 5914 Highlander 2 41 28 161.467 0.654 105.599 -0.001 0.653

7 2929 Mardi Gras 2 24 56 144.933 0.743 107.685 -0.002 0.741

8 200 Nemine 2 26 21 146.350 0.763 111.665 -0.003 0.760

We were giving the CC time?? Wow, we didn't see that one coming. But I think we'll let the handicapper live anyway, they had a pretty good series I thought ;)

How's that for a close series finish set of points. 1 point between 1 & 2nd then 3rd n 4th decided on countback. Good stuff.

We can live with the result as one boat in particular isn't above us, joined at the hip maybe but still knot above, nice work Team Bump. Clear Circle and Mardis Gras did sail well and very clean through out the series, R4 was a blinder for both. Well done both boats.

So to next seasons Series....... I'm looking forward to it already.

Yeah CC got off lightly in its handicap, but it was based on a beginning of series handicap whereas you guys are sailing on an end of series handicap and there has been a creep upwards (or downwards) depending on where you've come in each race. At the end of each season, we adjust all the handicaps with the aim of achieving a fairer result, so that boats that say, bought new sails, but didn't declare them to the handicapper, will have to work harder in the next season to win. So yes if CC had been racing the whole series its handicap would probably have been different especially as it was a light series and CC likes that kind of weather - so most likely it would have been higher.

Last season KM, you were the benefactor of your bribe to MarkM when he suggested to me that your handicap be as low as it was. Did I miss the call from you to tell me to put it up as it was too low and unfair to the other boats? Noooooo Nooooooo Nooooooooo. :lol: This year it was fairer, and congratulations you still put in a bloody good showing. :thumbup: The Bump had a shite season, :thumbdown: and the Ant was a no show. :cry: This way I remain impartial, and besides, around August next year I will stop being the handicapper and then you might see me race again after that. So roll on summer 12-13! Who knows I might be in a multi by then! :thumbup:

It wasn't that he bribed me AA, well he never got round to paying the bribe, it was more just that I have an exceptionally low opinion of him.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Our PHRF short-handed & off-shore is .76. Round the cans in .765 so the clubs starting HC of .782 was higher anyway. SR started the series at .782 same as us and there will be conditions in which she is significantly faster. On Saturday we just fluked a bit more breeze at the right time nothing more.

Yeah you get lucky sometimes and other times you get punished for things you did in a previous life - eh Mr Bump!?! Club handicaps often bear no relationship to PHRF etc. Fortunately for us we have a racing history with CC having raced against a fair few of its owners over the last 7 or 8 years.

It would be excellent as a committee boat! Cheap to run - diesel outboard too. I've read about them but never talked to anyone who has one.

Not my cup of tea as a personal boat though, but thanks for thinking of me - still have to sell mine first!

It wasn't that he bribed me AA, well he never got round to paying the bribe, it was more just that I have an exceptionally low opinion of him.
Come on Mark, you can say what ya think :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, I have no problem with CC's handicap, pretty much for the same reason you mentioned AA, last year I do fully know Mark low opinion of us was indeed a cock-up....... back at ya big fella. I just didn't expect the handicapper to be caught out so much twice but I am very pleased to see he/they/she do realise the path of light and goodness is via 9.3mt Ross boats rather than Ross boats of other lengths ;)

That is why we have decided to let the handicapper to live another day, damn generous of us don't ya think? :lol:

I think the 2 boats who had the worse end if the stick this series were Highlander and Nemine, just knot enough wind for those to 2 get up and rocking...... he says with a small amount of 'Thank F**K'. We saw what happened in one of the windier early races and us Ross lads didn't like that anywhere near as much as they did.

No you need to clean your eyes/ears if that's what you read/heard. :D I'll try to explain it differently. All boats start our series with a specific handicap. CC, BnG, and AA have 0.782. (AA wasn't racing but I use it as an example) SR started on 0.785 - tough bickies for him but then he won last years series. Some boats handicaps go up through the series, and others go down. If you had done the whole series & depending on how you went, your handicap would have been either higher or lower by race 6 than the 0.782 you would have started with in race 1. But because you only did one race, you raced in race 6 with a race 1 handicap, whereas other boats handicaps had adjusted, either up or down or perhaps even stayed the same.

I was happy with the HC

Ya should be with a gimme like that one ;)

But we rest happy in the knowledge it won't last long. The phrase 'Up Up and Away she will go' springs to mind :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As a FYI, I don't think we have ever managed to beat CC over the line in any race. In the Simrad Sporties fleet, she has done horizon jobs on us and is in the front speedsters sub-div, unlike us who are in the trailing family cruzer sub-div.

Would have thought the Cool Change handicap would be higher than a Ross 930 Standard? I mean on the Mercenary we are running a level handicap as the 930's and 88's and cool change should be faster than that!

Archived