Beat Bear Gryllis - Man vs Wild

My cousin in law (???) is doing this, give him a vote if you can, enough votes and he'll have a shot at beating Bear to Lord Howe and back, singlehanded.

go to http://www.beatbear.com.au and search sailing, and give him a vote !

Having checked the web re his exploits I reckon I could beat him in a Solo Sailing challenge - so I’ve challenged him! Gave him 3 options – Sydney to Lion Island return, Sydney to Pt Stephens return, or Sydney to Lord Howe return. Would be a hoot! Have made enquiries and would hope to be sailing 35 to 40 foot boats, preferably J Boats (pictured in the challenge albeit a bit blurry). But first I need your votes!

I need is as many votes as I can get to get the challenge considered by the promotors – I need to be in the top 10 for the week, the voting for which ends this Tuesday night (June 28). Whilst there’s $10,000 to any challenger to beat Bear, my motivation is simply to beat him! First I need my challenge to get picked. Please help, and tell anyone you know to do the same!

Done.

Who is Bear Grylls?

What knot who. It's a real big grilled sandwich found only in Alaska, the home of the Grizzly Bear.

{Yeah, OK that's a pile of pooh as most of us know but Squid wouldn't so it'll just make him feel more included. Shhh... don't tell him though ;) }

You lot weren't much help, so I resorted to the all knowing cyber sage Wikipedia

Bear Grylls, (born Edward Michael Grylls, 7 June 1974) is an English adventurer, writer and television presenter. He is best known for his television series Man vs. Wild, known as Born Survivor in the United Kingdom. He was the youngest Briton to climb Mount Everest, doing so at age 23.[6] In July 2009, Grylls was appointed the youngest ever Chief Scout at the age of 35.

Never heard of him - oh well.

You lot weren't much help, so I resorted to the all knowing cyber sage Wikipedia

Bear Grylls, (born Edward Michael Grylls, 7 June 1974) is an English adventurer, writer and television presenter. He is best known for his television series Man vs. Wild, known as Born Survivor in the United Kingdom. He was the youngest Briton to climb Mount Everest, doing so at age 23.[6] In July 2009, Grylls was appointed the youngest ever Chief Scout at the age of 35.

Never heard of him - oh well.

You need to watch Discovery channel now and again. You might discover something interesting.

To do that I would have to get Sky or some other form of "pay to watch tv". just can't bring myself to do that.

In fact I could be without TV altogether soon as I hear my old one won't work in a year or so.

In fact I could be without TV altogether soon as I hear my old one won't work in a year or so.

Us too.

No time to watch TV. DVD player will still work anyway.

But I do like Man V wild. Interesting stuff, the man has some skills, and eats some pretty foul sh*t.

Us too.

No time to watch TV. DVD player will still work anyway.

But I do like Man V wild. Interesting stuff, the man has some skills, and eats some pretty foul sh*t.

He's even knowen to get on the piss every now and then

Not quite true Squid. the tv will work, (assuming it still goes) it just won't receive anything on an analogue aerial except messages sent from outer space 5 millennia ago from a far flung planet called Zardok.

Anyway, I digress. It's simply that the old analogue broadcasting system is going to be discontinued. you will have to get Freeview in order to get free to air tv. it's free except that you have to buy a Set Top Box (yes I know it's a contradictory term) They can be as cheap as $100 or the sky's the limit. Depends if you want to record things or not etc basically, or if you want to be able to receive additional pay tv channels - not only Sky TV. Then you have to choose if you want to go terrestrial or digital. There's pro & cons for both and... actually I can't be bothered typing any more about it as I know you're not interested anyway! :thumbup:

Voted from a few different IP addresses at work throughout today, that could boost things up a little bit :-D

What a seriously dodgy thing to do, how do you sleep at nite?

Good idea, onto that myself in the AM. I think I can rustle up 4 differing ones ;)

TV = knot much. You Tube more.

Archived