2012 Coastal Classic - Race reports here

Grinna's wife here. Does anyone know what happened to lightfoot? That's my uncle's boat and it says DNF with no time at flat rock, so must have been early one.

Cheers,

Ade

All of 30 seconds on TV1 - and even that had to mention the rugby! :twisted: :x

But at least it made it!

Yeah lets not focus on that this is the 30th coastal.....lets just worry if the yachties can watch the game on Sunday....

Um does anyone have any more word on Lucifer.......

{this is Samin's missus....I might be into sailing enough to build a boat but not enough to spend all day on crew......}

last time i heard the crew were fine and the boat had been righted. guess there will be more info coming when they get to sure.

Expedition Coppelia @ 1915

Just past Poor Knights. Went outside Hen and Chicks. Had gusts of 30 now only13kn. Full main with it, Arethusa to Leeward, moroccan lamb for dinner.

wow borderline has just escaped possible trouble for the last 2 hours.

A bit of drama onboard Borderline as they are on their final stretch to Russell. After sailing for a while upwind the crew was bemused as to why the boat was sailing so well on one tack and not the other.

When they discovered they were actually missing one rudder that seemed to answer the question!

They think they may have hit something on the stretch between Whangarei and the Hen and Chicks, and since then have been sailing with one rudder. Talented sailors I say!

Luckily the crew is laughing, and will still get to Russell under sail, just not as quickly as they had intended.

Hannah

{this is Samin's missus....I might be into sailing enough to build a boat but not enough to spend all day on crew......}

Just had a call from Samin - Lucifer was righted by Coastguard on the first attempt, everyone ok no injuries, the boat is all fine too. Heading into Kerikeri

Just had a call from Samin - Lucifer was righted by Coastguard on the first attempt, everyone ok no injuries, the boat is all fine too. Heading into Kerikeri

That's Awesome News!

Timberwolf is out

From the CC site

There seems to be a trend with multihulls losing foils this year.

After rounding Cape Brett early on at 5pm, Timberwolf had to pull out of the race as they lost their boards - again such a shame so close to the end.

Hannah

Archived