BMW who's in

No Offender, that's one thing I'm sure about, she's as solid as a rock, maybe heavier than I would wish but still a dream to sail.

That's why Kant Know would be such a nice boat. A dream to sail AND a light boat. (not much difference in weight, and 8 ft longer.)

Well im not going to try and push to get on a boat so im available to take photos now especially as my nice camera has arrived. Who would I talk to about possibly getting on a comitte boat?

Stephen the 8.5 commitee were decussing the need for a case boat and an offical photographer on tuesday night you may just have solved one problem. Now who has a chase boat?

Stephen the 8.5 commitee were decussing the need for a case boat and an offical photographer on tuesday night you may just have solved one problem. Now who has a chase boat?

Tuesday night?

Might be able to help out on Wednesdays...

I just put the entry in for the Borderline, who else is coming out to play.

We had a good turn out last year with 13 boats, it would be great to be even bigger this year. The boats from last year were

CREEPY CRAWLER

PUTIKI EXPRESS

CAPRICORN

OCEAN PACIFIC

WHIO

RENTAL

VOOM

BORDERLINE

PREDICTWIND.COM

DIRTY DEEDS

ATTITUDE

LUCIFER

ORIENT EXPRESS

Now Tigre is back sailing. The Stealth Mission will be soon and Greg pushing hard to make it should be a bloody good regatta.

These are the 8.5's entered so far

Tigre

Borderline

Attitude

Whio

Stealth Mission

VOOM

You can count Putiki Express out of the BMW.

I've been waiting forever for the mast base to be re-machined by KZ Marine (1 1/2 hr job). After countless phonecalls I was told on friday it was ready. When I went to pick it up, it was done completely wrong. After I rather heated argument, I decided I had had enough, I took the mast base,and I went up to JT Spars to pick up my boat. I was going to finish the whole bloody lot at home.

Unfortunately JT got quite a tirade, and I think he went off to find out what was going on from KZ Marines point of view.

Meanwhile I proceeded in packing up the boat. The amas were out, and I tried to fold them by myself. Just as I was getting the port Ama into position, the Archilles tendon in my right leg snapped. Which means my leg's in plaster for 8 weeks.

Two things I learn't out of this.

1. Don't do things when you're angry, adrenalin gives your muscles heaps more power than your frame can take.

2. Don't rely on KZ Marine if you're a small player. You just get pushed down the pile as bigger clients come along. The comment that caused me to finish discussions with when it could be done was when I was told "don't know what's gonna happen come Monday". In other words with the Volvo boats coming in I may as well wait forever again.

I've been waiting forever for the mast base to be re-machined by KZ Marine (1 1/2 hr job). After countless phonecalls I was told on friday it was ready. When I went to pick it up, it was done completely wrong. After I rather heated argument, I decided I had had enough, I took the mast base,and I went up to JT Spars to pick up my boat. I was going to finish the whole bloody lot at home.

Unfortunately JT got quite a tirade, and I think he went off to find out what was going on from KZ Marines point of view.

Meanwhile I proceeded in packing up the boat. The amas were out, and I tried to fold them by myself. Just as I was getting the port Ama into position, the Archilles tendon in my right leg snapped. Which means my leg's in plaster for 8 weeks.

1. Don't do things when you're angry, adrenalin gives your muscles heaps more power than your frame can take.

2. Don't rely on KZ Marine if you're a small player. You just get pushed down the pile as bigger clients come along. The comment that caused me to finish discussions with when it could be done was when I was told "don't know what's gonna happen come Monday". In other words with the Volvo boats coming in I may as well wait forever again.

That's a bugger John - sorry to hear that. I'm dragging my boat North on Monday to try my luck - My understanding is they were doing my mast base at the same time as yours :-(. Hopefully they got it right. However, if things aren't quite right I shall endeavor to keep calm for the sake of my Archillies.

That's a bugger John - sorry to hear that. I'm dragging my boat North on endeavor to try my luck - My understanding is they were doing my mast base at the same time as yours :-(. Hopefully they got it right. However, if things aren't quite right I shall endeavor to keep calm for the same of my Archillies.

Ha I wonder if they got swapped by mistake!

Bummer to hear about both the mast base issues and your injury John.

Just as I was getting the port Ama into position, the Archilles tendon in my right leg snapped. Which means my leg's in plaster for 8 weeks.

Sorry to hear that John...having just come off a knee op and 3 months down time I understand your frustrations..

Archived