YNZ website

Battleship

I know, it used to be quite handy to be able to sneak up on a boat for sale that had the name photoshopped out of the photo but still a sail number showing on a life ring or something like that.

And back in my younger days when it was the hard copy NZYF handbook, sitting in a bay and looking up the boats with hot daughters on board. :lol:

Guessing this had something to do with it:

http://www.yachtingnz.org.nz/racing/boat-registration

The Yachting New Zealand Register of Vessels

The Register of Vessels held at Yachting New Zealand is a complete list of nationally registered boats. The on line register contains information on ownership of all Yachting New Zealand registered keelboats, multihulls, trailer yachts and launches including:

• Sail number

• Boat name

• Owner name

Privacy Act

The Yachting New Zealand Register of Vessels is a public record and is able to be enquired upon by any member of the general public. Information released by Yachting New Zealand relates to sail number, boat name, and physical details of the boat.

Personal contact details of registered owners are held on the Yachting New Zealand National Registration database and will only be released in accordance with the consent as outlined on the registration form.

Your personal details will be held by Yachting New Zealand for the general administration and well-being of the sport, and for it to retain use and disclose the information to an affiliated organisation and any other persons or organisations that Yachting New Zealand believes will further the interests and objectives of yachting in New Zealand.

Registered owners are welcome to access and correct information relating to their boat or to themselves at any time.

Anyone know where the boat and handicap search got to? can't find it on the new site.

Nice looking site but pretty sh*t if you can't find what you are looking for.

Agree.

I googled PHRF and it threw up an old page and I got started there. Bit like following a pile of breadcrumbs thru a forest. It is there, the game is trying to find it.

The new YNZ website is just crap its so hard to use and half the stuff off the other website is gone like all the safety regs and stuff like that

Its just another show of lets waste a whole heap of money on something thats worse than what was there originally pretty typical of YNZ

Rang YNZ yesterday as I wanted to transfer the new Cat into my name and get the sailmakers to put the sail number on. Couldn't find the search function for ages (was under 'About Us') and then the search function didn't work.

They said they were aware of the issue and it was getting fixed .....

What a disaster the new sight is, obviously nobody explained to the developer what it is commonly used for. The privacy act has not changed of late and YNZ never gave out your personal details, just enough for someone with a bit of nouse to follow.

Yacht registration details have many times sped up contact with the owner eg when a boat comes off its mooring or is otherwise in trouble, also category inspectors safety equipment etc all was easy to source on the old sight. Another case of pretty pics coming before reality. :?

Agreed all around!

The new site is rubbish, doing a search for my own boat turns up a blank, as does searching for any others. Almost every second page seems to be a 404.

I want the dinghy handicap list too, but that's MIA as well.

Words of advice to YNZ - in future test the site before you go live - looks pretty unprofessional at this point.

Hmmmmm I reckon the parts you are looking for will be back. This was a massive project that has taken a good two years, and I believe they had to launch it before it was completely finished. But if you need something you should email Beth at YNZ reception because she is super efficient - reception@yachtingnz.org.nz - I'm sure she'll help. :-)

How do you get a phrf application off the YNZ website? Their PDf just locked up my computer for a 1/2 an hour and won't print at the end of it anyway.

and how do you get text onto their form to do it electronically?

and while I've got you,there's all sorts of extra measurements they want now. How do you measure the widths on the asymetric. Pull the three corners tight and do the best you can from there?

I got so pissed off yesterday trying to get some basic information on renewing CAT 3 for the Coastal I emailed the CEO and asked him for it.

Got a response first thing this morning and had all the documents sent ASAP.

That Beth is efficient.

Point is though, my club had an SGM to withdraw from YNZ, I supported staying, but since then haven't been able to access any services. The club annual subscription now shows the YNZ levie as an extra over our subs, which is a good thing as it shows what YNZ costs...

Try

dabercrombie@yachtingnz.org.nz

I have zero problem paying for a service, if I'm actually able to use the service. I'm not really sure what was wrong with the old website.

Unfortunately it has gotten worse not better, looks to be a design by committee aproach rather than assigning a single passionate/motivated individual to drive it, I see this a lot in my work.

I am sure in time we will get the functionality of the old site just a bit disappointing really. :thumbdown:

I don't bother visiting it any more and just go to racetrack to find the info I'm after.

Archived