52 Sale by tender

wheels

My two cents is probably the same as everyone else's:

a) it will probably go for a price that seems low

B) the new owner is taking on an engine that is at least five years old but has "never been commissioned" (which I guess means key not turned for the first time? but presumably out of warranty?) and needs a full set of sails

c) at which point it may be starting to look not so good.

Agree that it could be a goer for someone with big balls/knowledge/the right contacts in the industry. :thumbup:

Oh my. I gave up half way through the report. I think if you got it for free, it may still have been too expensive. Correct, strip the gear form it, but the problem is, it would cost a fortune to dispose of the Hull.

Wow, that's pretty damning. Raises the question... who is Ken Hillyard?

And why is it being advertised as an unfinished vessel without reference to the structural issues :shock:

Based on that report it should be tendered for scrap value, not as a going concern. It's not a good look for the marine broker representing this.

Doer upper :shock: :D

To be fair the add does say a report/survey? Is available so they are not being to dodgy and it could be rebuild ( if you are mad or love "mission near impossible")

Anyone who climbed aboard this boat and was not immediately struck by its poor condition and then brought it would be more of an idiot than the seller.

So - all's fair in love and war.

I will be in the market to buy in a few months, once the other half is looked after with her new house and will have to go through the same "eliminate the rubbish" process too. The current NZ market appears, at a glance, to be full of rubbish yachts that have been advertised on places like trade me for far to long.

America and even UK have great bargains that are up to 20-40% better priced. ( apples to apples).

Can't wait :wtf: :D

Agree thats why I posted the report as the advertisement is not representative of the boat. If you had paid to fly to Whangerei to take a look I think you would be a bit pissed.

Agree it's the worst report i've ever read!

As far as hull disposal, cut it into bits with a chain saw and skip it? Would that work? There would seem to be some reasonable kit attached onto this boat so could be worth it to someone out there.

That is not a boat. It should be re-listed as:

"A bunch of marine inventory including electronics, spars and engine in mixed condition. Located in a wreck-type structure on hardstand in Whangarei. Buyer must pick-up whole container (looks a bit like a yacht hull) and unpack at own location."

That is not a boat. It should be re-listed as:

"A bunch of marine inventory including electronics, spars and engine in mixed condition. Located in a wreck-type structure on hardstand in Whangarei. Buyer must pick-up whole container (looks a bit like a yacht hull) and unpack at own location."

Perfect... you should be in advertising :D :thumbup:

Archived