Skipper wanted for Auckland to Wellington

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi All,   being the one who put this post up, I want to thank you all for contributing - maybe slightly less if you answer was more relevant to another topic...   I have not sailed in NZ before; m

Totally agree KM. The vessel does not have an inboard motor so probably has a transom bracket for o/motor.   USA, Great lakes a  26 footer MacGregor yacht that can do 40 mph. Won the drag trailer sa

If the object of the game was to sail a 727 down the coast for the experience then yeah, why the hell not?  Awesome boats!   But, if it's simply a delivery then shipping is the best option.

Yes I knew all that. Auckland to wellington is also not the Tasman Sea or Bass Strait.

So what's your point?

OC

Exactly so what possible relevance can there be in comparing taking a 1 tonner across the Tasman to taking a 1/4 tonner from Auckland to Wellington?

Answer none what so ever.

I have a bath tub in auckland I'm hoping for someone to paddle to Wellington.

Should be no worries as Peter blake and Paul whiting did the Tasman in their boats...

Sorry. Just thought we were taking turns to say stupid sh1t again.

The original responders are right, it'll cost less and be way easier to ship it.

In actual fact the 727s are great wee boats. Back in the day they were raced around the gulf in 70 knots (anecdotally at least) and they have been raced across the English Channel.

But why would you when you can take it by road in a fraction of the time a lot more safely and probably more cheaply. 

But why would you when you can take it by road in a fraction of the time a lot more safely and probably more cheaply. 

Adventure! Swirly World has done it, a trailer yacht has as well why not a Farr 727? Cool little boats, as always with proper care you'll get an excellent adventure. 

If the object of the game was to sail a 727 down the coast for the experience then yeah, why the hell not?  Awesome boats!

But, if it's simply a delivery then shipping is the best option.

Exactly. You probably could if you wanted to but this is about a delivery. Safest and quickest way is always the best for deliveries. 

Also as in the original post the boat is set up as a day sailor/racer. Lots of safety gear to find.

If the object of the game was to sail a 727 down the coast for the experience then yeah, why the hell not?  Awesome boats!

But, if it's simply a delivery then shipping is the best option.

State the costs then. Be helpful and state the costs seen you state would be cheaper.

Cheaper than airfares fuel and a meal plus a drink or two.

Gee I did know freight was so cheap. Goodness I have learnt something.

Looks like all enquiries to sail the vessel have been squashed by this mob mate.

Exactly. You probably could if you wanted to but this is about a delivery. Safest and quickest way is always the best for deliveries. 

Also as in the original post the boat is set up as a day sailor/racer. Lots of safety gear to find.

What's the problem. Hug the coast 200 meters from shore and anchor each night after a days sail. That's day sailing vessels are all about.  All you need is fuel and vhf and a handheld radio directional finder. Not crossing a bar so no life jackets are required and pencil flares would be sufficient.

Cook with drift wood on beach which keeps the beach clean.

The large chart for NZ and the other free road coastal highway tourist maps They are all free at tourist info centers 

OC