Cruising is on the way out

! couple I know cleared for Aus, kiwi's with Aus citizenship, they checked both ends and were told no problem. BP I think you are overthinking it, you've got 4 1/2 months away, if you leave soonish. That's is if your plan is to return to NZ next summer, otherwise carry on, You can always bolt for home if the situation changes for the worse. Fiji is open!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had watched a few of their episodes on YouTube and am pretty happy they've decided to leave the country. They had no respect for lock-down rules or the social distancing measures taken under level 3

Yep, I've been looking forward to the "Influencers" getting held up for what they are, freeloaders. It's trending https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/life/122013694/influencers-are-struggling-in-a

relevance - just  a reminder from history that the French do not give a rats about how they treat other people and do not care what is thought about them. By they way they also make good cheese b

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I don't want any boat turning up for example in Fiji.  Fiji has said they don't want us. Fiji will tell us when they do want us. Disregard this and they will be pissed off.  Piss them off and the next boat to arrive (even if doing everything by the book) won't be as welcome . To the best of my knowledge no one is accepting cruising sailboats st present. 

No problem with your example.  But with 8 or 9 leaving yes I am worried.  It only takes one arrogant twat to ruin it for all 

BP have a look on Noonsite, under places that are open now to cruisers Fiji is included, A clear test before sailing and a 14 day journey, once they clear you (only entry point is Denarau) you are free to visit all the Fijian islands.

Apparently they're Merican.... They sure sound Merican.

Asked why they shouldn't stay longer in New Zealand Renee replied: "Eww, it's cold, it's winter. There's not going to be a lot of adventure. We're not travelling, we're just living on a boat."

"If we stay in New Zealand we probably won't put videos out because there's really nothing to film and who wants to watch a family living on a boat doing nothing but school and living life like normal? Maybe we could get the kids involved in a New Zealand soccer team or something."

I had watched a few of their episodes on YouTube and am pretty happy they've decided to leave the country. They had no respect for lock-down rules or the social distancing measures taken under level 3 and were constantly whining about everything here unless they were getting a freebie in return for promoting it. Redneck, self entitled narcissists...