2 hours ago, Fish said:

The 9'6 nutshell pram is supposed to sail well, but may be a bit short for what you have in mind.

https://www.woodenboatstore.com/products/96-nutshell-pram?variant=16904444608602

On that page is a photo of 3 boats tied to a dock, I'm 95% I have a left hand  7'7" one sitting in my dingy locker. They look identical except on mine the front seat is a tank like arrangement for buoyancy.

It is a ripper, good load carrier, clocked 4.9kt with a 2hp when trialling next to some lectric OB's, rows real nice, can carry it with one hand and as to date is undefeated in evening beer fuelled around the moored boats sailing races :)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since we moved aboard I have spent 3 years fantasizing about a hard dinghy for rowing and sailing. If it would take the 4hp outboard that would be a bonus but is not mission critical. Sailing and rowi

Thats' a youtube channel try here... https://bandbyachtdesigns.com/spindrift

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, It Got said:

On that page is a photo of 3 boats tied to a dock, I'm 95% I have a left hand  7'7" one sitting in my dingy locker. They look identical except on mine the front seat is a tank like arrangement for buoyancy.

It is a ripper, good load carrier, clocked 4.9kt with a 2hp when trialling next to some lectric OB's, rows real nice, can carry it with one hand and as to date is undefeated in evening beer fuelled around the moored boats sailing races :)

This one KM? I was going to build the 9'6 version and have spent a lot of time studying them. The 7'7 is the original and is supposed to be one of the best tenders around. The ducks nuts of tenders.

Sadly, after adding up the materials costs, I just went out and got a PVC deflatable. That and work kind of got in the way (time poor).

I think it's great.

We have deflatables as well but none sail and all are a pain the arse to tow. The pram can be towed at up to 10-11kts before it starts using ground effect to reduce wetted area. At around 14kts it's getting some big air and enuff to do barrel rolls.

One day if I ever get to be a rich prick like you lot we may buy a boat with enough deck space to store a ding ;)

2 hours ago, Jon said:

But haven’t we heard this many times before!

I have, many times and not only around that boat. I was told on Monday I've entered other of mine in another race on the same day. I'm blessed to have such choice considering I must be in the advanced stages of alzheimer's 😁

2 hours ago, Jon said:

The PT11 Spear is perfect

They don’t sell plans and won’t ship kits offshore.      WTF

Which country are they in?

As in is it one they can ship to one of my suppliers for inclusion in a container heading our way?