65 replies to this topic

#1 Zozza

Zozza

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:45 PM

So I bit the bullet, and am now renting a berth at the marina, although my boat isn't launched yet, I launch in a matter of weeks and wanted to secure a berth for the summer.

I am on holiday at the the moment and have been parking at Westhaven, displaying my permit, and going sailing on a mates boat.  Went up to Gulf Harbour couple nights, sailed back this evening.

I get back this evening, after the marina has closed, and their is a letter under my windscreen wiper.

It starts off like this:  "We noticed that you parked your car before leaving Westhaven to go elsewhere".

Really? You noticed wrong, idiots. I was sailing, you know, out there on the Waitemata, that place full of saltwater.

Are they hiding in the bushes at 6:30am sussing out people".

It goes on... "Although you are a berth holder, and displaying a permit, we wanted to let you know that under out terms and conditions, permit holders , and all using the Carparks at Westhaven, are only entitled to while they are here for Marina related activities".

Well, actually I was.  But - even if I went off somewhere else - what business of it of theirs, and more importantly - where is their proof?  So, that presumably means you can't wander off to Swashbucklers and have a beer and a meal after a days sailing because that would presumably not be classed as "Marina related activities"?

What the f**k is going on here? We pay these buggers ENORMOUS amounts of money each month to rent a berth, and now they are trying to scare off people who are entitled to park their with a permit from not being able to park there!

If they were to start ticketing berth holders displaying their permits - then I think they would have holy hell to pay.

By the way, this week there have been ACRES of parking spaces, both permitted and unpermitted - at least when I arrived.  In fact, during the week I don't recall seeing the place anything other than practically deserted during business hours.

I really am not sure I want to continue renting a berth with these people if they are going to start acting like Nazis to people that actually have a godammned parking permit!

#2 jonathan

jonathan

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:17 PM

lots of sad stories coming out of WH at the moment....

#3 raz88

raz88

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:18 PM

Have you raised it with them?

I sometimes leave my car for a day while I'm not undertaking "marina based activities" - because I have been known to have too many rums after wednesday night racing and not be able to drive home.  It's then a logistical nightmare to get up and collect the car before work so I tend to do it after.  Wonder if I'm about to start getting letters too?

#4 Priscilla II

Priscilla II

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:20 PM

Yup welcome to Westhaven.

The marina that makes you feel all snuggly and warm to know that you are being charged just a infinitesimal amount of bitcoins to be able to park anywhere near your superyacht.

Try it out on my pier.

Parking is maxed out by cafe customers and the new traffic management system is to no longer tow but ticket.

Come on Westhaven management think about the customer the sea creatures ie berth holders.

Imagine how bloody mad the whole place will become when the commercial building platform develops.  

#5 MarkMT

MarkMT

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationLake Zurich, Illinois

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:26 PM

It's almost as if they're run by the same geniuses that gave us this trainwreck... http://bit.ly/2ns9pW3

#6 Zozza

Zozza

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:28 PM

Have you raised it with them?

I sometimes leave my car for a day while I'm not undertaking "marina based activities" - because I have been known to have too many rums after wednesday night racing and not be able to drive home.  It's then a logistical nightmare to get up and collect the car before work so I tend to do it after.  Wonder if I'm about to start getting letters too?

Heh yeah good point raz.

My concern is this: I am going to be sailing lots. Sometimes off for week or two or more. So of course as a bertn holder I want to be able to leave my f*&king car at the marina that I pay GAZILLIONS per month, while I am off sailing.   So, what happens then? "Oh yes, he has a permit, but where is he?....oh, we will just presume he is not doing marrina based activities, so lets ticket or tow him....."

Jeezuz, If I get this nasty letter again I really am going to go to another marina, even though less convenient.

#7 vic008

vic008

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationChristchurch

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:17 PM

Is lovely Lou(sp?) still there with her bike and her kneepads?

#8 Puff

Puff

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,548 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:27 PM

Long gone, she went to Orakei but I’ve also seen her at swashies a while back

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

#9 Puff

Puff

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,548 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:21 PM

Just had a call at midnight from Westhaven security reading me the riot act for allowing someone to sleep on Sundreamer on the piles. It’s only for a couple of days and no I wasn’t aware it was against the rules as I’ve seen many people out there overnighting.

Anyway he’s logging it and he can log it up his arse for all I care

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

#10 splashprincess

splashprincess

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • LocationWelly

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:13 AM

Just had a call at midnight from Westhaven security reading me the riot act for allowing someone to sleep on Sundreamer on the piles. It’s only for a couple of days and no I wasn’t aware it was against the rules as I’ve seen many people out there overnighting.

Anyway he’s logging it and he can log it up his arse for all I care

Really? That's very interesting given someone posted in the Westhaven Boat Shed FB group (for buying, selling, and making connections with other Westhaven berth holders and crew) that they are going to be living aboard a swing mooring while studying.

Now I'm not completely sure that it's a "swing" mooring in Westhaven but thought it was a bit odd if it wasn't given where the comment was posted. 

Go hard or Go home!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users