Jump to content

On the bright side - Next project

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was finished on weds afternoon before the lockdown . It’s staying at the loft until I can pick up 😫 . Doing my head in , but at least I will have a very good reason to go sailing immediately the

There's only so many projects you can do with supply challenges.   I'm glad I started the replacement floor boards just before lockdown.  Almost done. 

She's on her way

Posted Images

Is that the new sail? 

yeah new main it’s seems pretty good . didn’t really Focus that much on it we were really happy just to be out there . It is way nicer to trim we just need to find where the gears are and play around with the twist etc .

good to see your boat in the water !   Rig is quite different to ours , shorter but much bigger headsail 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I set it up right yesterday. Hired a cherry picker so I could get all over the rig with a tension gauge to get the stays right. They were so out of whack. The mast was plumb but I raked to 2 degrees to Robs figures. The mast steps forward so the side stays have to be off to drop it. But the forestry was disconnected and no marks. The centreboard is directly behind the mast so doesn’t carry much rake, 2 degree now.

Ive installed a compass and depth sounder, added a 2:1 fine tune to the 2:1 jib sheets. Re-routed control lines and today made up the first of 2 carbon pipe berths. 




Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Deep Purple said:

In other news ... DP came with a multi-display but speed only. I fitted a depth transducer the other day and it reads perfectly...........................The distance between the hull and the top of the keel bulb - doh. Evidently I'm not the first

funny I have the same problem at present...replaced existing speed sensor with DST800 and low behold I seem to be in 2.4 metres all the time!

Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a known issue with the DST’s doing this - losing the bottom and picking up the bulb. I know B&G put out a software fix for transducers newer than a certain serial number. My own one was older, but has the issue, which they told me it shouldn’t as they thought the issue only effected newer ones, they said they were looking into it. 


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...