Black Panther

Cruising is on the way out

It's not the "public domain"; it's sovereign territory. Whining about it being an abuse of human rights is peak self-righteousness and peak-entitlement. By all means make the argument for better systems but framing it this way makes me sick.

It's their country, they can do what they want. That article doesn't appear to give the full picture, and sounds a wee bit alarmist.

Is it that there is some sort of environmental problem with anchoring damaging the seabed, and they are going to install screw pile moorings or something? This is not a new issue, and a number of countries are going down this path for specific areas.

The corollary of this is that cruisers should understand the damage they are doing, and not expect to be able to carry on inflicting that damage, dragging anchors through sea-grass beds, smashing up fragile coral with chains etc. The locals are protesting about something for a reason.

But in saying that, there needs to be a degree of balance with everything. A blanket ban doesn't sound pragmatic.

Relevance MH?

If its a game of good v bad don't forget things such as;

Alain Prost 

Champagne 

And the Citroen 2CV6! 

CURSE THEM..

And I'm not saying my things are necessarily relevant either

3 hours ago, Romany said:

Relevance MH?

If its a game of good v bad don't forget things such as;

Alain Prost 

Champagne 

And the Citroen 2CV6! 

CURSE THEM..

And I'm not saying my things are necessarily relevant either

relevance - just  a reminder from history that the French do not give a rats about how they treat other people and do not care what is thought about them.

By they way they also make good cheese but their modern cars are crap

18 hours ago, Fish said:

The locals are protesting about something for a reason.

The stories I get point more to the demographics of the cruisers changing being at the root of the problem, locals using damaging the environment as a legit reason to try to gain control.