And so it goes on

We are getting in touch with you to let you know about an upcoming change to our current parking permit process within Westhaven Marina.

With all current long-term paper permits expiring 30 June 2020, we have taken the opportunity to implement some improvements to the parking permit process by introducing an electronic system which eliminates the need for paper permits. Going paperless means all parking permits will be registered and monitored electronically using licence plate recognition.

The expected launch for this system is early August, and your current parking permits are automatically extended to be valid until the new system is in place.

What changes with the new parking system?

• Instead of being issued a physical parking permit, you will now need to register a vehicle licence plate online to allow that vehicle to park within Westhaven Marina.
  • You can register as many licence plates as you want, and select which licence plate(s) you would like to have as active at any one time based on how many permits you have.
  • Please only park within Westhaven Marina when on site for a marina related purpose.
  • Both yellow (berth holder) and white (public/guest) spaces will be monitored using licence plate recognition.
  • Z pier will be upgraded to Pay-by-Plate, moving to a completely paperless system. Users can pay using the Pay-by-Plate app or on-site machine.
  • Parking enforcement throughout Westhaven Marina will still be undertaken by Parking Enforcement Services (PES).

We will be back in touch closer to the time with an exact launch date and to pass on instructions on how to use the new system, but until then if you have any questions, please let us know.

Improvements? Face photo recognition at the marina gates soon?

Its being brought in so marina renters don't park and walk to work. 

"Please only park within Westhaven Marina when on site for a marina related purpose."

Big Brother watching you. 

You can see it now, email or letter sent to you:

"Sir, we noticed via our plate recognition initiative, that you parked at Westhaven Monday to Friday last week.  You must be on a marina related purpose only when parked at the marina.  Despite the fact we charge ridiculously overpriced monthly fees for our shitty marina, we can't have you trying to save a few $bucks each week by parking at our marina and then sneaking off to your day job in the city.  So, we know what you're up to, and we're watching you closely.  Ok, we are not quite sure how "Marina related purpose" would hold up legally, but you probably won't take us to court so we'll probably start towing you away if we feel you are parking there when you are not using your boat.  All we have to do to prove this is walk down to the berth that matches your plate number, and if your boat is in its berth, and we knock on the hull and no one comes out of the companionway - that's proof you are not parking at the marina for marina related purpose's only.   And, as we are an Oligarchy type outfit using the Public money from the Council for ill good, we feel entitled to be little %^$#.  We have a lot of useless money wasting additions to add to the marina over the coming years, starting with the big corporate wank off itself, aka the America's Cup, and we can't have anyone other than us pulling of sneaky sh*t like we are accusing you of doing.  And, if we've towed you away, and you were actually at Burnsco's buying cheap chinese crappy marine gear that won't last three months, or at Swashbucklers checking out the waitress with the nice legs while enjoying a brewski and fries- tough sh*t, according to that Act party guy, you are a rich prick boat owner, so can afford to pay the tow fee".

• Like 3

What is it about people who Beth at Westhaven? HMB, WestPark, orakei and Bayswater Al charge about the same, have less parking and less facilities plus are much further away from decent links yet there are no threads on here moaning  and complaining about them.

What do they do better, despite having less facilities and changing the same money?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Ed said:

What is it about people who Beth at Westhaven? HMB, WestPark, orakei and Bayswater Al charge about the same, have less parking and less facilities plus are much further away from decent links yet there are no threads on here moaning  and complaining about them.

What do they do better, despite having less facilities and changing the same money?

I think its the history of Westhaven that comes into play.  It was never meant to be this huge money making goliath "like every other Marina".  People who know the history better than me can give the rundown on the average joes that got together decades ago and got this marina up and running.

As far as "moaning" about Westhaven (Panuku), it's a free world and I take great delight at poking the Borax at them whenever I can as I think Panuku and all those involved in that slimy outfit deserve to be sent on the next cargo ship to SIberia, and be left there.  But hey, that's just me.  I discuss my "Panuku issues" with my shrink often so I'm working on it.

if panuku want their bonuses

they've got to squeeze someone

https://www.panuku.co.nz/about/our-people

Roger Macdonald was recently in the news over an $80,000 increase in his salary and the introduction of an executive bonus scheme which paid out $451,000 to 38 agency staff,

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/117082902/panuku-ceo-roger-macdonald-resigns-after-mysterious-leave

actually council seemed to have stopped the bonuses

guessing they want to keep that money for themselves/us?

and not that they want to stop milking berth holders

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12312315

I have no idea. Scenario of say a coastal classic weekend with crew cars all over the place would give Westhaven severe conniptions. Oe a week away for a crew member on your boat. Presumably will have to register with Westhaven beforehand.

for the last couple of coastals, crew have been told to get the berth owners to register the crew number plates with the westhaven office, they aren't interested in talking with crew about this

a couple of years ago the berth holder's son was either a late addition to the crew, or brought a different car,  and came back monday 1am? to find his car had been towed

Please only park within Westhaven Marina when on site for a marina related purpose

So does this mean that once you're out of the entrance on your boat for your race/cruise/whatever, you are technically in breach of their terms and conditions as you're no longer "on site"? Seems like these have been drawn up by someone with no clue as to the marinas actual purpose. 

Trying to work out how to manage first SSANZ race. I need to be in Westhaven for a rig inspection and stepping early afternoon, I want to do the squaddy rum race, I have a loan of a marina for the night and do the Baltic 60 the next day and afterwards pack up and head home but I see parking is limited to 24 hours. Sounds the only way is to leave the trailer attached to the car in the ramp carpark and go for a drive around the block either late Friday night or early Saturday morning to gain another 24 hours.

1 hour ago, Deep Purple said:

Trying to work out how to manage first SSANZ race. I need to be in Westhaven for a rig inspection and stepping early afternoon, I want to do the squaddy rum race, I have a loan of a marina for the night and do the Baltic 60 the next day and afterwards pack up and head home but I see parking is limited to 24 hours. Sounds the only way is to leave the trailer attached to the car in the ramp carpark and go for a drive around the block either late Friday night or early Saturday morning to gain another 24 hours.

Smile and remember there was that one time while we were racing Sunny that it was done for you without you even asking .....😎

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Maca said:

Last Coastal I asked for an extra car park pass and I was seriously asked if I couldn't use public transport.

In all seriousness, why not? surely some of your crew could?  I know I did last year

Alternativly get your crew to car pool and park at Z pier, its only $20 per day and you can buy 4 days at a time.

2 hours ago, Deep Purple said:

Hmm, I thought you could get up to 4 days parking at z pier🤔

http://www.zpier.co.nz/z-pier/getting-there/

41 minutes ago, Deep Purple said:

Oh cool, I read that initially as 24 hours only for trailers. Hopefully Friday afternoon won’t be too busy there

Yeah you can get concurrent 24 hour passes . Pretty sociable place to setup too , plenty of chatty euros in campervans with an eye for speedy looking trailer yachts