Jump to content

Some ugly weather on its way


Recommended Posts

Ugly? going to be the best waves we've had at Orewa all year...

Finally, east coast surfing.

But yeah, not so good for keel boat sailing.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Fish said:

Ugly? going to be the best waves we've had at Orewa all year...

Finally, east coast surfing.

But yeah, not so good for keel boat sailing.

4.5m on Sunday ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 44forty said:

4.5m on Sunday ! 

Yeah, could get a bit too steep for surfing, I may need a shorter board. Should be good waves either side of that peak swell though. Might phone in sick on Monday am.... I'm hoping there is enough S in the SE so its cross shore. Red Beach could work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Fish said:

Yeah, could get a bit too steep for surfing, I may need a shorter board. Should be good waves either side of that peak swell though. Might phone in sick on Monday am.... I'm hoping there is enough S in the SE so its cross shore. Red Beach could work.

Takatu and out in front of the lab 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, muzled said:

Might be the first time in years that Cemetery Point has a wave on it.

Or even the corner of the shipping channel off Busby head  , that’s a sight to behold when it breaks 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, 44forty said:

Or even the corner of the shipping channel off Busby head  , that’s a sight to behold when it breaks 

There you go, never heard of that breaking.  

Pity about the wind really, going to bugger up a lot of places.  

Imagine half of gissy and 90% of towelranga will be battling to find a park at Motu rivermouth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, muzled said:

There you go, never heard of that breaking.  

Pity about the wind really, going to bugger up a lot of places.  

Imagine half of gissy and 90% of towelranga will be battling to find a park at Motu rivermouth.

Plenty of north facing corners in coro and northland if you are prepared to drive 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Zozza said:

A day ago metservice predicted a big high and 10 days of good weather.  So much for that....

I don't know what metservice you have been looking at, but the metservice I use has been showing this coming all week.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lateral said:

Hawai, Maraenui,woulds be interested to see as protected from SE. Whaka heads for a brown one or two.

Wrap into Whangapoua?

Still triggers the surf fever in me even with body deficit, seeing a dartboard like that.

Got to be happy i've had my share.

Hard not to get excited about a system like that hey lateral, esp when it sits and churns for several days, how often does that happen!

Whangapoua on the coro won't be any good, s.e bowls straight in there, few miles east will be worth a look though.

Northport wave buoy showing a lift already - https://northport.co.nz/weatherfeed

Best place to be tomorrow will be 45mins west of Hamilton, 16s period swell, perfect offshore and every man and his dog heading east.

rags.png

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fish said:

I don't know what metservice you have been looking at, but the metservice I use has been showing this coming all week.

few days ago had nice yellow suns forecast all next week

Link to post
Share on other sites

The reef off taiharuru head has just started breaking ….in the 15 years I’ve been here I’ve never seen it break . Shallowest pin out there is 16 metres !   My guesstimate is it must be about 15 foot ….surfers 15 foot not tape measure 15 foot 😂 . I’ve seen an old paper chart with a warning to “avoid in rough weather” over that reef 

 

 

25A0CA86-3EE5-4EA9-BD12-4E9D53319C0D.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...